50 Mini Kicker Ramp PLAN

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Downramp is FINALLY COMPLETE! Got it all set-up Yesterday and got a few jumps in on the BMX.

Got a Crap load of Rain last night which soaked everything so waiting for the ground to dry up.

Once I get my 88 running Sweet Ill be hitting the Ramp up!

SO GOOD to Finally be able to at least jump it on the BMX but! Ive been waiting/fussing around to hit this for over 6 months ahahahaha!

Cheers...Pics are on their way :D

Last edited:
ok im gonna build one of these!
my dad has a mig...
does rollcages
gets metal for cheap
but the only thing is that i wanna have something nice and grippy!
so tommy did you hit it on your 88?
is it nice and grippy?
really wanna know!
james

my dad has a mig...
does rollcages
gets metal for cheap
is it nice and grippy?
really wanna know!
james

dude dont even think of building one of these if your still riding the atomik, you've seen how much damage you can do to it with little beating (take your shock mount for an example)

yeah bracing will work, but youl want alot of it. in all honesty if your are set to keep the atomik at least buy a new frame, less then 100 bucks and you wont have to worry about it.

so a steel tube one or what?
i want a cheap one that will hold up over jumps...

just buy a new bike if you want to hit ramps

your suspension little alone your frame or wheels probably wouldnt handle it

get a job and start saving for something nice like a dhz 70 style that will last you for much longer!!!!

and to get a ramp grippy you mix coarse sand with paint and slap it on

my dad has a mig...
does rollcages
gets metal for cheap
is it nice and grippy?
really wanna know!
james

I HAVENT hit this yet...only had a couple Jumps on it with the BMX when I was down at my parents place last but Im planning on bringing it back up to Newcastle next time Im down South Coast way haha.

It was pretty grippy, I just used Dulux Weather Shield Outdoor Paint on the Ply mixed with some Snad/Grit as PBK said but I wouldnt hit it if theres even a bit of water on it thats for sure.

If your Seriously wanting GRIP then using Steel Mesh is the way to go as you can hit it even after water gets on it FAIRLY safely, all the Top Riders hit Mesh surfaced Ramps.

Yeah and like the other guys said, Id upgrade Bike if your gonna be hitting bigger stuff...worst thing would be that your Frame, Forks, Swingarm, Shock or whatever snaps as you land...:boink:

How long do you think the grip is gonna stay on?
Im guessing it wont take long with a pitty. You might have to slap some more paint/grit on every so often, or replace it with mesh.

i have hit a few ramps, and havent had a problem with ply. and that was full size. I cant imagine a mini would tear it up any quicker. that steel mesh also triples the weight of the ramp, making it a million times harder to move if you dont have a bobcat to push it around with.

i have hit a few ramps, and havent had a problem with ply. and that was full size. I cant imagine a mini would tear it up any quicker. that steel mesh also triples the weight of the ramp, making it a million times harder to move if you dont have a bobcat to push it around with.

Yeah true.

I couldnt imagine the steel mesh being any heavier then plywood? plywood can be pretty heavy , you would want to be using a decently thick sheet .

I couldnt imagine the steel mesh being any heavier then plywood? plywood can be pretty heavy , you would want to be using a decently thick sheet .

its a heap heavier man. first hand.

also the mesh needed has tp be pretty heavy, otherwise it will get a small rut in the centre. plywood is stiff, cheap, light, and you will notice cracks before you ride through it, alot of people talk about people smashing through the ply, i have never ever ever ever seen this happen. the only time this would happen would be if some spanner put 8mm 2 ply balsa wood on it.

im not a hater of the mesh, but wood is good.

Last edited:
its a heap heavier man. first hand.

also the mesh needed has tp be pretty heavy, otherwise it will get a small rut in the centre. plywood is stiff, cheap, light, and you will notice cracks before you ride through it, alot of people talk about people smashing through the ply, i have never ever ever ever seen this happen. the only time this would happen would be if some spanner put 8mm 2 ply balsa wood on it.

im not a hater of the mesh, but wood is good.

Good Call!

Na I havent hit this on a Bike yet...actually Selling it as it doesnt get used as its sitting at my Parents Place 7 hours Drive from Newcastle so its not like I can go ride it often haha.

Im going home for Christmas but dont have a Bike at the moment so cant give it a go...

Ill end up selling it most likely and building another one when I can!

ohh im gonna build one of thes bad boys, if you were about 3000 kilometres closer I would buy it.

Thanks mate! Sounds like you have already got yourself a Plan ;) GoodLuck with it! Sweet idea

Hmm really! Far out that is cheap...can you remember how thick they were? Must be something suss going on as checkerplate costs a HEAP!haha

Ive already bought my Ply anyways and cant afford to spend any money haha. But thanks anyways for letting me know!

Cheers

Hey man i used to do a little big bike jumping and the ramps i was jumping were same as ur build with ply sheet and all we used to do was just mix in some heavy grit sand into the paint and slam it on the ply. We didnt even cover the ramps when not being used and to my knowledge they are still being used and i havent hit ramos for 2 years. that being said it would hurt covering them cos they would keep far better and longer! Nice ramp too!

Latest posts

Back