50 Mini Kicker Ramp PLAN

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

Seen Im wanting to build one of these ASAP I thought I may as well share the Plans I made up!!! :)

This 50 Mini Kicker should be made out of 40x40x2.5mm RHS Steel with the Dimensions of 1841mm high at it's peak and 3311mm long with a 6m constant radius.

I am yet to make one but will post some Pics of making it and also of the final product once I finish.

Heres a CAD Drawing of what it SHOULD look like once finished:

1-1.jpg

ALSO Check out the Attachments for some MORE CAD Drawings and also the Cutting List I made for the Ramp ;)
Ramp is cut at the centre for ease of transport, bolted up when put together.

Pretty simple ramp, with a bit of common sense shouldn't be too hard to build. Will get the length of the constant arc length needed once I build the Ramp.

HOPE this helps a few people...this Ramp would be suitable for 50s, MTB/BMX's BUT DON'T MAKE IT FOR YOUR BIGBIKE...Obviously :D

Ill UPDATE with some Pics once I build mine.

Cheers, Have Fun,
Tomy

"P.S: I wouldn't mind seeing this as a STICKY as Ive seen HEAPS of THREADS about 50 Ramps and I think this one just about sums it up?!"

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS BUILDING THIS RAMP OR YOU JUST WANT MORE INFO ABOUT DIMENSIONS ETC. LET ME KNOW :)

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 4-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 5-1.jpg
    5-1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 78
  • CuttingList.jpg
    CuttingList.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Thought Id forgotten something...Ramp has a constant radius of 6m...and Ill get the length needed for the arc once I build mine.

YouTube - jump over pickup SICK! pro50s.com minibike pitbike crf 50 sort of like the up ramp built here but only in two (2) sections instead of three (3)

Its pretty sweet so far tommy. Nice CAD drawing's as well. Might be worth putting a disclamer saying "I'm not responsible for any demage or injuries whilst using this product" or something like that becuase poeple can be seriously hurt, thats why they (ramp companies) don't relase plans of the Aussie comp (so i think). Can wait to see it all finished. How much money do you think its going to cost to build? TomUKrider might be interested in this thread.

YouTube - jump over pickup SICK! pro50s.com minibike pitbike crf 50 sort of like the up ramp built here but only in two (2) sections instead of three (3)

Its pretty sweet so far tommy. Nice CAD drawing's as well. Might be worth putting a disclamer saying "I'm not responsible for any demage or injuries whilst using this product" or something like that becuase poeple can be seriously hurt, thats why they (ramp companies) don't relase plans of the Aussie comp (so i think). Can wait to see it all finished. How much money do you think its going to cost to build? TomUKrider might be interested in this thread.

Yeah that Ramp is Sweet!!!

Thanks mate. Yeah well I do hope people use their common sense in making something like this haha as you CAN get Seriously Injuried!!!

Yeah thats true about the Aussie Comps.
Well Im getting a Quote for the steel on Monday but I estimated it should be less than $200 for the steel...not sure about the Ply wood yet...haha but for the COMPLETE RAMP Im aiming at less than $300 which would be good.

I got Quoted today $25 per 6m length of 50x50x2.0mm RHS Steel...do you guys think this will be okay for this 50 Mini Kicker???

Cheers!!!

Sounds good. Whos doing the weilding? If your not doing it yourself it'll cost you some dollars. $25 thats pretty good for 6m, if this works out I might think about doing it :confused: Good luck and remember to get pics;)

Sounds good. Whos doing the weilding? If your not doing it yourself it'll cost you some dollars. $25 thats pretty good for 6m, if this works out I might think about doing it :confused: Good luck and remember to get pics;)

Yep, haha Ill be doing all the welding...done a 1/2 Semester welding course at TAFE so kind of know the basics of welding :D haha!!!

Yeah $25 is pretty cheap...better than $50 for 40x40x2.5mm...but this stuff is 2nd grade left over, thats why it's cheap.

Just waiting on a mate to see if he found any steel at the tip...haha...if not Ill be picking the steel up most likely tomorrow and starting on it Friday :)

Yep, Ill definently get pics up of the Construction Process!!!

Last edited:
Alrighty, so Im picking up my steel tomorrow and starting work tomorrow hopefully!haha

Ive decided on going with just 12mm Ply and see how that works out...should be fine.

Hopefully have a few Progress Pics up tomorrow night!

YAY!!!! Progress thats what I like to see. Just reading your last post before the one you just did, DON'T get old steel as you don't know whats happened to it ect.... Can't wait to see this thing come to life.

YAY!!!! Progress thats what I like to see. Just reading your last post before the one you just did, DON'T get old steel as you don't know whats happened to it ect.... Can't wait to see this thing come to life.

Yep! Hopefully will be good haha.

Na, Im getting the steel from OneSteel...fist thought of scabbing some from the tip but little dodgey and hard to find.

Will have a few pics up ASAP! :D

Alrighty, well picked up all my steel today from OneSteel...in total costing me $162...39m's worth, which was pretty good for downgrade stuff!

Got it cut up to length and also took the 2 arcs to be rolled which should be ready during next week.

SLOWLY coming together!

Pic_0918_006.jpg

Pic_0918_005.jpg

Last edited:
Have had absolutely NO PROGRESS on the ramp haha :(

Still waiting on the 2 arcs to be rolled which should be done by Friday...hopefully have a bit done by the end of the week!

Make up the base of the ramp...Hmm can't wait to see it finished/started haha.

Tell them to get off the arse and roll the steel. It doesn't take a week to roll two bits of metal.

Last edited:
Make up the base of the ramp...Hmm can't wait to see it finished/started haha.

Tell them to get off the arse and roll the steel. It doesn't take a week to roll two bits of metal.

Yep haha!

Ill have some sort of Progress by tomorrow...see if I get the 2 arcs hopefully some time tomorrow...then Ill get right into it :D

Yeah bloody hell what are they doing? Only about a 1hr job to get them rolled...guess their too busy though...siting on their asses haha

Last edited:
Progress is always great to see! i never got around to making mine! maybe this year... pff it wont happen

Bulldog whats wrong with old steel? unless you mean shit thats got rust holes through it and its bent to the shithouse, whats wrong with it? Steel is steel....

Progress is always great to see! i never got around to making mine! maybe this year... pff it wont happen

Bulldog whats wrong with old steel? unless you mean shit thats got rust holes through it and its bent to the shithouse, whats wrong with it? Steel is steel....

Yeah sure is! Pitty about your's mate...haha just have to find the time hey!

Yeah steel is steel...plus I got a good deal so Im happy :)

Latest posts

Back