50cc China front wheel/brake confusion...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criggs

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently picked up another non-running China bike, mainly as something to teach my stepdaughter on, also something to work on/tinker with. Ad looked ok, thought it'd be a decent deal, when I showed up I noticed the front brake was missing and the front wheel was sitting off-center in the forks. This wasn't mentioned in the ad. I had driven pretty far, didn't want to leave empty handed, so I talked him down and took it home. Had it running in 5 minutes, so that was a plus, but after looking closer I'm worried these forks and front wheel may be from a different bike? Fork angle looks a bit raked out, and it's got a disc brake on it, where the rear is a drum. Also as mentioned the wheel is definitely not centered properly. Not sure if it's a spacer issue, or a compatibility issue. What do you guys think?
IMAG0558.jpg
IMAG0555.jpg
IMAG0556.jpg
IMAG0559.jpg

Think they just ditched the front brake, or does it look like the front end was swapped? The exhaust is a Honda spark arrestor, otherwise the bike seems like nothing has been changed, even has the original fake yamaha stickers all over it, so I'm not sure why the front end would have been swapped. Any input is much appreciated, as always.

maybe try to swap the spacers from sideand see if it lines up better?
if that solves the wheel alignment, you can start to look at the front brake.
furthermore, aslong as there's working brakes and a nice running engine, go let her ride and tinker with it :)

Latest posts

Back