50cc engine help.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhz140cc

Reaction score
alright. ive had this little 50cc pocket rocket for a few years now and decided to do something productive with the peice of crap. so ive taken out the motor. im going to be mounting it onto a push bike just for a bit of a fun project. this pocket rocket had that many electrics to the friken thing.. horn,break lights, speedo, key ignition,electric start,indicators, hazard lights,headlights, fuel gauge, THE LOT.! so when i took the motor off i cut the starter engine electrics because its a waste of time and wasnt working in the first place.so i got that out of the way. then i realised to start the motor(pull start) , you had to have the key ignition turned on, and im not really keen on putting a whole chunky battery pack on the motorised pushy. so i havnt really started the protect im still just trying to get the basics sorted.. so it wont start without ignition.. can i put a similar electrics setup with it like a pittie with the IRK or whatever it is.? or will i have to somehow mount this chunky battery from the pocket rocket to the push bike. im not very switched on about the electrics. so basically what im saying is.. the only way this thing will start is if the key is in the ignition and once you turn the thing on, all the lights switch on. then i can pull start it.. it will NOT start without the key in the ignitionan and turned on. what can i do?? im calling on the tech gods here!! (cactus or headsmess!!:D)
any help will be appreciated. this is only the start of my journey:D
thanks.

motor.jpg

guage.jpg

frame.jpg

bike.jpg

Last edited:
um, its one of those lil baby 2 smokers? guessing so cus its got a pullstart:confused:

the ignition is usually all self contained... like a brushcutter, chainsaw, etc etc...

from memory...theres only one wire from the "coil" thats screwed to the side of the cylinder(besides the spark plug wire)...and that goes to the kill switch, then returns to earth...DONT connect the wire to anything and you should have a spark:) AND!!! dare you to touch it when it IS running:p

the main ignition switch must bypass the killswitch and short it straight to earth when its "off"...ie, with no key in it...

i just went n checked my lil quad...one wire, black.

id really like to have a look at this... i never seen a 50 with electric start besides the motoverts...

Last edited:
yeah 2stroker. so your saying it should just start?? it doesnt need anything with the eletrics??? is it healthy to start it without it being bolted into the bike lol???
thanks heaps for your time and effort , your helping me alot.

yep, you dont have to join anything to anything else... just go crazy with the side cutters:)

healthy how?:p dont get your fingers in the way, and only tip a bit of petrol in to the crankcase... take off the carbie, and stand back as it revs its tits off for 5 seconds:p( i like using model car fuel for doing this...)

like washing machine races:)

ohk awesome.. i thoght it wouldnt be as easy as that:) now ive gotta find out how im welding this thing to the frame of the bike haha.

nice, um, if i help you build it can i have it? lol jokes

looks sick, cant wait to see that thing flying around chippo, it was bad enough when u ripped it without a muffler loll, didnt we get some looks haha

yep got the engine started today as well so its all going well.:)

:( i get so confused with these names:( who da fuk is who?

ah well, at least shes poppin:D

and i have seen one of those engines before:) lucky, its already got some reduction between the engine and the output sprocket...will make life a bit easier

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back