50cc KTM Replica - need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

even1

Reaction score
I have purchased a KTM rep 50cc motox bike for my 5 year old son last year. It has been about a 4 out of 10 in terms of satisfaction. The fuel tank came loose and I had to work out my own designs to get it to work, the bike has has ran intermittently and now I can not rotate the kick starter at all. I have replaced the fins in front of the radiator. I have also installed a KTM fuel filter. I have had much fuel in the exhaust. I have had to run the bike at extremely high rpms just to get the bike to go 5-7km/hr (walking speed). I was told to remove spring washers out from the clutch area so the bike didn't have to reved so high when wanting to ride it slowly.

We have run the bike a half dozen times. The fin parts seem to be replaceable by genuine KTM so the copying part of the bike appears to be pretty good. The bike was manufactured in China and cost about $800 Australian dollars. Is there anyone out there with a similar experience or experience working on these bikes?
:eek:

sorry man but save up a bit more dosh and get a older model genuine one cause those rip offs are complete shit.

yeah dude, the clutch is a centrifical clutch, they have a spring pre-load, and it's set up to engage at high rpm's (so that it's already in power band when the bike starts to move or close to power band), to fix that problem, undo the bolts on the clutch out a few turns and it will engage faster

yep i agree with le
its the same as pocket bike clutches im guessing its a 2 or 3 shoe
just like le said undo the screws and it will engage at lower rpms

but dont undo them too much an let in ingage at a really low rpm cause the shoes wont grab the will spin abit and you will find that they will wear down really quickly or even crack on a rare occasion

Do not undo the bolts on the clutch hub you will destroy the clutch. It aint a pocket poo bike and the bolts need to be tight. Do you guys know anything? You need to change the order of the springs but the bolts must be tight. What exactly are you asking even1? What do you need to know? How to fix something or are you asking forgiveness for buying a shitbox unsafe bike for the one you love?

i have the same bike. i changed the order of the springs/washers in the 3 shoe clutch and it does make it grab a little lower in the rev range. These bikes really arnt designed for kids that are just going to be putting around on them. I never had any problems with my bike, and for the size of them the abslutly hammer. It sounds like u should of bought a little 50cc 4stroke semi auto or something. as for the kick stater just take the side casing of the motor off and make sure the mechanism that extends out to grab the gear isnt seasing or jamming up. dumping the original engine oil is a good idea too.

Thanks

Thanks to all the opinions I received, a medley at that. I will try to salvage what I have bought based on what has been said. Let u know how I go in the next several weeks.

Kind regards,

Even1

Latest posts

Back