50cc Mongoose owner feedback.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rf996

Reaction score
G'day out there,
I'm looking for feedback on the 50cc mongoose that k-mart were selling years ago.Ive read some old threads bagging them but they were from peoples impressions on what they looked like.I'de like some feedback from owners.I've got one and apart from some tuning issues it seems ok.
Cheers.

Throw up some detailed pics mate. I dont personally recall them.. Im sure they have their problems... specially if Kmart sold em ;) but on the flip side, im sure with some work they could be made to be pretty good for a lil tacker..

Yeah pics! aint seen one b4 lol

G'Day Guys here are some pics.
I bought it for my daughter.They're put together pretty roughly so i pulled it apart and refitted everything correcly.The voltage reg was disconnected,the chain was overtightened even though the adjustment was backed off all the way so i ground some metal from the swingarm where the axle goes through.Did an oil change ,adjusted the centrifical clutch freeplay,tuned the carby although it needs to be tweaked every separate day we start it,i might replace the carb.It goes quite well and when its running it idles perfectly.I've been surfing the net and it looks as though this is like a ktm replica.The fuel tank had a crack in it that i discovered when i got it home and filled the tank,so i repaired it.If anyone out there owns one i'de like to hear how theirs is going and what problems they've had
Cheers Guys

PS if anyone has a good fuel tank for one i'de like to buy one its a ktm 50 replica thanks.

Attachments

• 100_1596.jpg
    100_1596.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1598.jpg
    100_1598.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
wow this is an old thread but I only just found it but I picked up a good 2nd hand one the other week and I supprised how good it really goes I admit they do look abit wrong but im 65-68kgs and it handles well with me on it I just had to put taller bars on it 1st 2nd not real fast but its not too bad havnt had any issues with it only that I found the fuel tank is a crack init and leaking so ill have to patch it up the suspention works well for the quality of the bike and for a 2nd hand bike it tight as I guess only kids have ridden it by past owners wound anyone know what products are good to suse to fix the tank

G'day Snicko ive still got two of these bikes.The only thing that went wrong with my daughters bike was that it broke the rear shocker.We replaced it with a better one and it was fine.My daughter rode it for two years and it didn;t miss a beat,Cracked tanks are common.I used Sikaflex 255 on mine or you could use araldite.The reason why the tank cracks is the way it is mounted,i modified mine and its fine.I'll have a look in my garage I have some spares somewhere.how much did you pay for yours?

I also have one of these little bikes which i purchased brand new from kmart. I have only had the same problems as already mentioned being snapped rear shock, tuning of carb every other day and cracked fuel tank. How did either of you go finding a replacement tank?

Latest posts

Back