Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve101

Reaction score
hey guys just got my 09 and wanted just that little bit more power dont want an 88 kit just want that touch more pull up hills and stuff so has any body had any experience with these kits the kitaco one and would i need clutch springs and with the stock pipe will it still sound like a stocker? any help would be great

yeah thanx mate im buyin a bit of stuff for mine prob on monday and wanted to find out some stuff about this kit so if there not bad i will get them to get one in for me

Well you get just a 75cc barrel and piston and some gaskets. All made in Tawain but.....

Daytona used to make them for $200 odd something.... Got it in my rb catalog around here somewhere

They go preety good , around 5hp from the daytona dyno reading. Thats a 2.5 hp gain.....

I'd get the TB kit , they are cheater kits hence the 49cm3 on the barrel. You dont tell anyone you have one in there. Just say ' its a really good tune'

Here's my ideal 'stocka' engine:
- TB 75cc or 88cc cheater kit (illegal)
- Kitaco 88cc cam ( Legal)
- Port and polish stock manifold ( semi legal haha)
- Uni filter ( Legal)
- Choke mod ( Legal)
- Grind out weld on the inside of stocka pipe ( Legal)
- Cut the baffel out of the inside of the pipe ( legal)
- Take the heat shields of the pipe and grind the mounts off , then sand the pipe down to make the surface smooth (legal)
- Get that tune perfect!!!
- Rev box! (legal)
- Kitaco super coil and paint it black haha ( illegal)
- Advance the timing 1 degree ( illegal)
- H/D clutch springs - so you can abuse that clutch

Would go like a 88 limited then , but dont tell anyone you did it. The power will make up for the lack of riding skills haha...
Plus still be super quite and super stock looking , no one will ever know!

The cheater kits are good , I've seen them as big as 90cc (so 88cc I'd say). Cast iron bore? With steel cylinder.... Not aluminium like the 88 limmo's

Preety basic instillation , bout half an hour if you know what your doing...
- ignition cover - pull it off
- cam cover , oil port cover , head cover , valve covers all off
- Flywheel to TDC , check cam sprocket lines up with the head line
- Pull the cam sprocket off whilst in gear , cam chain off
- undo head , pull head off
- undo barrel , pull barrel off , dowels out
- Slap the new base gasket on it , dowels , , piston , gudgon ring , clips , barrel
- cam chain through barrel , cam chain tensioner , head gasket , head , covers . Line it all up and then valve clearences.
- Top oil up , add fuel. Ready to ride!

30-1h jobbie.

Yes you can use a stock carb with the cheaters...

Whats the crf70 carb? Mybe one of those , dont tell anyone but....

Bretto will get cut because I've exposed his secret's about his stocker. No old man can really ride that fast haha

thanx mate i will deffinately be doin that i wasnt expecting that much info thanx again

u will never b able to tune a stocker with a kitaco 88 cam i had 1 in mine and it ran like a dirt bag iv herd of 2 other people with the same problem as i had i got either the taky or kami cam

exposed my secrets haha your dreaming,my stockas is all legit!!ITS ALL RIDER!! hehe
And i was thinking of putting 1 of them 75 kits in my zeda but was still cheeper to get 88 bore up kit from classichonda50s,but you might still need a carb,manifold?
why go 75 when can go 88??

exposed my secrets haha your dreaming,my stockas is all legit!!ITS ALL RIDER!! hehe
And i was thinking of putting 1 of them 75 kits in my zeda but was still cheeper to get 88 bore up kit from classichonda50s,but you might still need a carb,manifold?
why go 75 when can go 88??

i dont wanna go 88cc i only use it around my house and a couple of mates places while we are hittin the ramps on big bikes and yeah just do wheelies on it.....it will never see a track thats what the big bike is for......thats why i want a 75 kit over an 88 kit oh and there only $190

Also ya said that you want to keep it quiet

Will it be quite with the stock pipe on the 88cc

Hey Mate Im Not Goin With The 88cc But I Just Sold A Motor (units_mx's Old One) That Was An 88 Limited I Ran That With A Stock Pipe And It Was Quiet But It Seemed Like It Was Struggling To Get It All Out Like The Pipe Was Smuthering It If You No What I Mean...i Just Spoke To Eastcoast50s And Ordered My 75cc Kit And A Few Other Things And He Said That He Can Re Tune The Carby To Suit

$190 for the kit and im takin the bike to him he because i also got a heavy duty back wheel and spokes which need lasing up to my stock hub and a +1 fork leg kit and a rev box to... he is fittin it all up for me as i dont have the patience to do it my self its not that expensive to get them to do it

Last edited:
yeah i havnt got a pipe yet i wanna find one that will keep it quiet still so if anyone knows of a pipe that will do that....that would be great or if anyone has a pipe they wanna sell let me no

well what do you wanna do with it...done right a 75cc kit will go just as good if not better than an 88cc i no cause my bike that im parting out had an 88cc motor in it and when racing against my stocker the stocker keeps up with it but the 88cc bike has big forks +2 swinger alot more weight but still the stocker goes pretty awesome and with a 75cc kit and some fine tuning it will go even better

Hey steve what brand kit did you buy Kitaco or some thing else??

Latest posts

Back