A little q?? on gpx pipes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
hi there just wondering on gpx pipes are they any good? compared to a ****ty set of duelies?
its either that or carby dunno?
any suggestions/feedback would be sweet
cheers

what are you looking for? hp gains or just want a new exaust? from what i hear the gpx's arnt too bad. and what do you mean by pipe or carby? what bike do you have?

the GPX exhaust might make it a touch quieter than the twin setup,
but the tone of it will make it sound better.

changing carbys would make a bigger difference, but you may need to rejet it to suit your bike
so carby will be a little more work.

thanks craig..... and blender I've got an atomik 160 regin bigfoot, i men ill ether get the pipe or the carby....not as hp gain i would rather a new exhaust because the deulies dont sit that good on the bike

ohh i see, well then yeah, if your after a new exhaust, from what i hear gpx arnt too bad for the money, but you will probably have to tune your carb to suit it :)

yeah, probably a re-jet, but play around with your air/fuel mixture screw and needle and you may be lucky enough to not need to bother with re-jetting.

when i mentioned rejetting above,
i was thinking you were replacing the exhaust or maybe the carby.
a new carby may need rejetting.
you'd be best off putting a carby on, getting rid of the Molkt.
i reckon the gpx exhaust would flow about the same as you big bore dual sytem,
just the note will change.

i may still get the gpx pipe because the ones ive dosent look that nice or sit nice on it so i may order one thanks craig and blender.... hey craig umm would i probably need to rejet? or just play with the air fuel mixture?

the 2 exhausts should flow close on the same,
you might get away with adjusting the clip on the needle and some tweaking of the mixture screw.

hmmm.... i was just about to purchase it , BUT i noticed klx bent version is for either a crf50 or crf 70 frame??
but its a klx bend.... i know that the yx/zh/ho heads are based off the klx..... im god damn confused!!!
see here: New GPX XPower HP Exhaust System, KLX Bent
and i run a yx160 so klx head and frame??????????????????? :confused:

Last edited:
A simple rule of thumb that I got told a while back is that you can tell if your engine runs a crf or klx style exhaust port by the angle of the inlet.
If the inlet sits slightly angled to the barrel its a klx and if it's straight with the barrel it's crf.
Better yet post a picture of your bike and exhaust that's on it and we can tell you straight away what it is.

Last edited:
hey man... ummm... yx's are a klx bend?? aren't they?... and i have a klx frame also.
but on the website it says klx bend which is a go ahead but my frame is a klx not a crf50/70
so im guessing they dont have one to suit me?

Yx's come with both style ports some crf some klx my yx160 is a crf bend. Like I said throw a pic up mate I reckon we would be able to tell you by looking at it, I can compare it to mine and tell you if it's the same.

oh ok thanks for that... i dont the have the bike with me atm but an online pic should be the same
reignbigfoot160m-white_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back