A quad for Xmas, Number 1 (pic heavy)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarCon

Reaction score
Hi all,
I know most of the traffic on here is bike related but I'm kinda fond of my quads. So just to add something for the other quad readers I thought I would put up a quick run through of one of the quads that this santa's helper had to get ready for a Xmas delivery.

So some time ago I bought a package deal of dead and dying quad and bike bits.
The quad with the pink body on it was chosen as the basis for this build.

So I started the usual tear down routine and cleaned up and stripped the frame, then gave it a coat of the required purple.

Then it was into the workshop to start putting bits back onto it. Suspension, steering and drive-line components were cleaned, stripped repaired and painted. The engine chosen for the project was a Loncin 110 full auto. So it copped the tear down and full rebuild treatment, including blasting all exterior surfaces and applying some fresh paint. A light coat of Metalcast purple was chosen for the cases and covers. Potbelly black for the cylinder and a heavier coating of metalcast purple for the head and associated parts. The internals were checked over for wear and damage. New gearbox bearings were fitted along with a complete seal kit. New piston and rings were also thrown at it. The head got some light port cleaning and smoothing just cos that's a standard thing for me. A couple of new valves and valve guide seals also found their way in there too.

Into the frame that went.

As Ebay is my favorite shopping destination, it was time to let the good times roll and get some other required bits.

Unfortunately the pics got forgotten for a bit during much of the rest of the rebuild as between doing this and other life matters they just got pushed to the side sadly.

But here is the finished item ready for Santa to deliver. Unfortunately the original body was to brittle to use, so another second hand body I had was used with a fresh coat of Neon Pink (yes it's for a girl and that's the colour she chose for when she got a quad). It got a new seat, headlight, tail light and ignition. However, most of the parts used were original or other second hand parts that I had that were cleaned, checked and reconditioned.

Lots of other work went into it as well. I'm pretty happy with the result.

I have 2 of these to get done and a pit bike. Santa's helper is a busy little bugger at the moment.

If you would like to see pics and info on the other builds I can put up threads for them too if you like.

I wish you were my uncle when I was a kid haha
Ah hell, why not, one mores not going to make that much difference. haha

The 2 girls that the quads were done for also have an older brother who is 11. Being the awesome uncle that I am and just because it wouldn't be right if I didn't, I figured he would also like something too. So I went over to the pile of bits that I have and kicked it a few times whilst waving my magic ratchet and this emerged.

It didn't receive the extensive rebuild that the girl's quads did, but it didn't really need it. Just putting together and some bling added for looks.

Latest posts

Back