Achtung Noobs! : Your New Pitbike and You... set up tips

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i run 20 in my kendas.. on a bike with a tb head.. no issues yet

So did we decide it was better to bleed the brakes and replace the brake fluid? I'm kinda liking that idea as I think your brakes would perform much better than that standard crap, plus I have Dot3 brake fluid laying around as you do. Dont really like the idea of splitting a brake line or having the front brakes lock on whilst moving!

yeah it's a good idea to drain and replace the brake fluids.

some setups can be a little tricky to bleed though,
i find if you top it up as it drains, then you have less chance of getting air trapped in the system.
use clear hose and a different colour fluid to the original china brake fluid? if you can call it that !!
then wait till the new coloured fluid comes out the hose.

DOT 4 automotive brake fluid would be better with it's higher boiling point, especially if you're on the brakes more

and if you ever have one of the wheels or calipers off,
put some brake grease on the slides to help prevent problems later.

Awesome cheers for the help! Pretty sure I have both as my clutch in the ute uses Dot 3 and the Brakes Dot 4. Cool thanks for the tips. I used to bleed the brakes on the mtb a fair bit because I hated them being spongy! They were pretty messed up back then, but never had any probs bleeding them a little to get rid of air....lucky I've done a lot of this stuff before so the confidence I can get it right is pretty high! Yeah makes sense add from the resivoir at the top of the system and let the old stuff drain as the new stuff goes in. Sorted! Cant wait. Ill post some pics when it comes. Also got a go pro for my birthday so I need to get that going when I take it out for the first time so we can all witness the bolts I didnt loctite, falling out first hand!

Does anyone know if it will cause damage to .my 110cc engine as the last owner broke a bolt in the headgasket? Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back