Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jtothat247

Sent my second kogan action cam back, first wouldn't turn on, second came off after 5 minutes of riding. Waiting for full refund. So now it's between contour and go pro. Contour - small, won't get knocked off by branches, cheaper. Go pro - small but could get knocked off, good microphone and camera quality from what I've seen. expensive but everyone has good reviews so far. What do you recommend?

i have bout a k-mart special go-pro rip off, and have tested it out. it is surprisingly good for the money i paid (39) i put it on my helmet today, the sound was so clear, much better than a handlebar mount that i was using before. it has 720p HD recording, so the picture quality is good. im not sure how long the battery lasts, but the case is good quality, and i am happy with it. i had to buy a micro sd card for it, but i didnt miond one bit! the brand is audiosonic, not too sure on the model though

i have the contour roam, its pretty good so far. my friend has the go pro hero 3, his had afew issues with go pros sending them back and stuff but his last one seems to be good.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yFIul-xq2KY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ad4yUimXWIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thats mine with the 960pHD setting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k4RG7H19-1U?list=UUnu9nC4iQ85NrzAlxQJ-8_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thats my friends go pro

with the roam+2 you can see the speed, elevation and GPS track which is pretty cool. they said mine could do it but found out later its only the roam+2 not the roam1.

Just got the sony action cam for chrissy, so far really good. Battery life is a couple hours.
The sony movie studio editing program they give you free is more than ill ever use, very comprehensive at editing.
If your looking at the cheaper option, dont be too caught up on the 1080/720p thing. 720p is still very goood quality. The sony action cam does 1080 but i now use 720p mostly as it is still give a great quality pic.

gopro are crap sometimes too..
i had firmware issues from day 1 and wouldnt update...
a corrupt sdhc card...
left it for 3 days re-formatted the card and re-attempted update it worked..

not a problem since...

goPro2, never had and issue and it can take a serious belting, been coathangerd a few times, even had a ZX7 land upside down on it and it never missed a beat (although the outer lens did break that time) Mate has a $50 kmart one, for the price, i dont think anything beats it. All depends on how much you wanna spend.

Thanks for info

Not buying anything online again, especially from kogan, so getting a drift hd ghost will be a bit of a challenge.
I know the go pro 3 had lots of problems so might wait for the 4 which is apparently released mid this year.
The sony and contour dont have as good microphones from the videos I watched.
Go pro it is then. May be expensive but I know it will work and not fall off after 5 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Some bike shops sell the drift hd cameras Look on their site for you closest dealer

I bought two Kogan action cameras for my race bike and they are crap. BOTH have similar problems in that they either wont start or they switch off as soon as you start to move and they constantly have flat batteries. Kogan are no help. I also bought two Kogan metal detectors for work and they have both crapped out in the first few weeks. Beware of Kogan and their non existent customer service.

Latest posts

Back