Adam's 1st 50 Build **warning picture heavy**

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problems,
you don't waste any time do you , lol

Nope, dont like wasting time... Oh i only bought the 50 Dec 22nd, all parts and work have been ordered and done since then. :captain:

Almost finished for now, 1 or 2 goodies to come. A baby on the way in July so the big bore kit will come soon after that.

do you know anyone with a welder ?
you need a 50mm longer kick stand for it now

Looks cool! the stockas are so much fun :) .
Id leave stand meself just find hole n roll one of wheels into it when out riding

Yeh the stand situation is up in the air for now, theres usually plenty of trees around lol. Soon as i get this fuel mix problem 100% i can enjoy it properly. Almost perfect now.

if it has a bit of hesitation off idle when you blip it, the Pilot jet tube could be a touch blocked ?
try poking some stiff wire down through the hole to clear it out.

and if you can bend one end at 90°,
then you can try poking it into the tiny hole in the carby bore, on the intake manifold side of the slide.
this is where the fuel from the Pilot jet comes out to supply it for idle > 1/4 throttle.
the Pilot jet tube is the long thin tube next to the Main Jet tower in the pic below

2011-01-22_07-59-06_226.jpg

when you are testing it out, i would also check for any air leaks.
if the fuel bowl or manifold mounting face on the carby is warped it will be sucking in air, and cause dramas with the way it runs.
if any of the bolts/screws have ever been over tightened, it could have warped the alloy casting of the carb.

to test it for vacuum leaks,

start the bike and let it idle,
then spray some wd40,degreaser or carby cleaner on the fuel bowl to carby base join, then on the carby to manifold spacer, and manifold to head joins.
if the idle changes in any way, then there is a leak.

the carby mounting faces can be sanded back flat, by carefully rubbing the face across some 180 or 320 grit sandpaper on a hard block.

No hesitation anymore except slightly when quickly wide open throttle. Im putting this down a needing a bigger jet. I've been saving all the info everyone has be sharing. Can never have to much knowledge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HEY dude, that thread is 3 years old, doubt you will get an answer.....

Latest posts

Back