ADELAIDE - Open Areas To Ride Pit Bikes Or Regular Bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got a PitPro XR 140cc and I want to find an area, like a reserve or something where I can ride my bike.
I dont really fancy a track with jumps etc. since I am still learning and dont want to dive into that just yet.
I just want a nice area in Adelaide where I can ride my pit bike around.
Also I live in Adelaide Hills if that helps.

Cheers, Mitch.

Last edited:
Another question.
If anyone is familiar with Shepherd Hills Recreation Park could they tell me whether motorbikes are allows.
Cause my Dad saw a trailer with PBRacing on it in the car park at the Shepherd Hills Recreation Park.

Cheers, Mitch.

looking at your pics, i dont understand why you dont just make a track on your property, i would kill for a big area like yours. i dont really think there are any. i know of a few that arent legal though

UNLESS SIGNED FOR MOTOR VEHICLE USE its not allowed

anywhere thats not dedicated to a motorcross track or such or private land is not allowed ,shame but thats the way of it these days

hence why me and my son are now out of trail bikes and more into z50's to ride on the road

looking at your pics, i dont understand why you dont just make a track on your property, i would kill for a big area like yours. i dont really think there are any. i know of a few that arent legal though

Yeh I realise what your saying.
But until your actually on it there is only a track that takes about 1min to do a lap on.
I wanted larger straight stretches so I can get higher speed etc.
Know of any at all which are legal for non-registered bikes to ride on?

Cheers, Mitch.

anywhere thats not dedicated to a motorcross track or such or private land is not allowed ,shame but thats the way of it these days

hence why me and my son are now out of trail bikes and more into z50's to ride on the road

Ohk, but I would then have to get me license right?

Cheers, Mitch.

Mitch. There are quite a few places to go riding, its just knowing where to go and knowing people with properties and who know where to go. For example, if you know where to go there are km after km of trails around Goolwa. They are just hard to find... And I'm not 100% sure if they are legal, lol.

But another example, I know a guy up north with a 70,000 acre property. Pack the bikes and camping gear and just go bush bashing for a few days. Awesome riding terrain!!!

Mitch. There are quite a few places to go riding, its just knowing where to go and knowing people with properties and who know where to go. For example, if you know where to go there are km after km of trails around Goolwa. They are just hard to find... And I'm not 100% sure if they are legal, lol.

But another example, I know a guy up north with a 70,000 acre property. Pack the bikes and camping gear and just go bush bashing for a few days. Awesome riding terrain!!!

Yeh, you have a good point.
I have a mate who lives up in Owen and has a huge property.
He has a CRF80 im pretty sure.
Anyway, I could just put the bike on the trailer, drive to his house in Marion, swap trailers, and off we go to Owen.
Might try and do that sometime.

Cheers, Mitch.

I'm not exactly sure where. My uncle owns a house down there so himself and his mates know all about the trails. Dont worry, we will very soon be getting a Yamaha 400. So my dad and I will take out the 250 and 400 and go searching for these trails. Because both bikes are road registrable we can ride them to the trails, ride hard for a few hours. Then head back.

Maybe try to google where these tracks could be located? I dont think too many people know about them because otherwise they would of been closed down or used to death.

GET A LIFE U LOSER!! OUR CLUB DONT STAND FOR SNITCHS(DOGS) KEEP SNITCHING AND U WILL BE FINED.......... :eek::eek::eek:

ride it on the street and in local parks where kids play and if coppers come u leg it

im no expert but i think a moto can easily get away from a cop car..

but im gangsta so u never know!

Dear Mr DHZ,

We regret to inform you that the young child you hit while being a complete F^CK head, will live but can no longer walk with out a walking frame.

Thank you for your time and effort

port gawler have a great pit bike area out the back has small jumps whoops and burns great for beginners

Latest posts

Back