Adelaide, Sa, Riding Areas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irvo125

Reaction score
Live in the NE suburbs of adelaide. love my pitty,
:) Hi all,

I am only reasonably new to the pit bike scene and I am trying to find places to ride in Adelaide. i am from the Golden Grove area. Northern Suburbs.

I am a consultant to the local adelaide councils for their parks and gardens and i know a number of contacts who may just be the right people to talk to or submit a letter to. in the attempt to organise the supply of some undeveloped land in the area. If anybody out there is up with the whole letter writing phases and would like to help try push for this. please let me know in what you can do. Indemnity forms would need to be signed as well to cleat your name from holding the councils liable.

one way to do this would be to have a license or permit as such that you apply for through the council that shows you understand the rules and guidlines laid out in this permit etc. By signing such a form and holding a permit card, it could make you legally allowed to ride on the designated site without any problems from police. One issue that concerns me is there will always be some Wankers that will ruine it for everybody. We all want to have a good time and carve up some gravel but some maturity needs to be in play as well to keep an option like this alive.

sorry for dragging on but the riding areas in SA at the moment are rediculous, all you see in the other threads are riding spots that are ok but watch out for police or people etc. We need a worry free area we can all enjoy.

Also does anybody know of some riding areas around the river land. not mx tracks just trails etc to boot around.

CHEERS

So if you know how to make the first step for making some tracks what do you want us to do?

petition or something?

hey mate im from Sa too, and i sent heaps of emails and got replies from 3 mp's. They told me that they will look into it, then i got a letter a week later and it said that if we want some where to ride join a club. So honestly they dont really care about us, but i reckon i petition is the way to go.

Yeh theres a heaps good place to ride in Morgan, but its like 3 hours from here. I heard that when crusty demons came to Adelaide for there tour, not the last one but the one b4 they rode there. Theres a quarry with som wicked jumps, theres heaps of trails around. It goes pretty muych from the back of the morgan caravan park and goes all the way towards the houseboats and river. I rode both my pit bike and my cr there and had heaps of fun. Just a minute from there is walking trails which is pretty good the thump around on but its illegal. Ur only supposed to ride ur push bikes and walk around it. I went there last christmas and had so much fun . I reccomend that definitly. Theres heaps good hill climbs and shit too. The quarry is crown land so you can ride there. When i went to Morgan last i saw about 20 trail road registered bikes fueling up, and i reckon they went there, cos i cud here em from my uncles shack. You might think that im tlkn shit but it was true.

I had heaps of fun wen i went up last time and cant wait to go up there again, hopefully before christmas. I reccomend it for all you SA riders check it out. Even out of state ppl i reckon its worth checking out

cya,,,(fuk i have neva written this much in my life im amazed) lol :)

lol you can't ride on ANY crown land rainey.

I got the exact same reply's from MP's. If they want me to pay to join a club they can think twice.

What clubs are there to join in SA? Theres numerous other threads on this subject, maybe have a read through them.

Pt Gawler is reopening soon aswell and they have a 50 track (along with alot of other tracks).

we've been hearing that for ages flarry about port gawler but what if it doesn't even happen?

we are gonna have nothing

Yeah, understand about the MP's people. the thing is an item like mx tracks and land to use for riding is not an option for Mp's especially during an election year. I was hoping to get in with the coucil Managment and find out how to follow the proper channels and try and avoid all the red tape bs. as im sure your all sick of.

Flarry, where are you hearing about port gawler repoening. if this is the case, im stoked. Pelican point is the new site for the Desalinisation Plant being built which wont take up even a thrird of the area. go figure. and this project wont start for ages.
All I was after in people was any body else who is in with the councils and could help with the progress to a better bike community for every one.

Be good to catch up with some adelaide boys for a ride sometime. maybe even a JAMS meet or something could be on the cards. I hear they got a bit of rain which may have packed the sand down a bit.

Cheers fellas:cool:

Yeah, understand about the MP's people. the thing is an item like mx tracks and land to use for riding is not an option for Mp's especially during an election year. I was hoping to get in with the coucil Managment and find out how to follow the proper channels and try and avoid all the red tape bs. as im sure your all sick of.

Flarry, where are you hearing about port gawler repoening. if this is the case, im stoked. Pelican point is the new site for the Desalinisation Plant being built which wont take up even a thrird of the area. go figure. and this project wont start for ages.
All I was after in people was any body else who is in with the councils and could help with the progress to a better bike community for every one.

Be good to catch up with some adelaide boys for a ride sometime. maybe even a JAMS meet or something could be on the cards. I hear they got a bit of rain which may have packed the sand down a bit.

Cheers fellas:cool:

Called up the people at pt gawler and they said they thaught they'd open by august and they're trying to open as soon as possible.

hey buddy im from golden grove
i have found the only close place which dont cost u and is hassle free is karooda area (murray bridge)

Karoonda,

Is that a fair way past murray bridge isn't, dont they have a music festival there or something?

It seems like JAMS might be the go even though its a bit sandy. does anybody what its really like there. can you still ride around there ok or is it just impossible.

I also heard from council yesturday fellas the latest on Pt gawler:

Local councils eg salisbury, TTG, Playford etc. were looking at building a mx riding area at the RAAF base but the money to set it up etc was not worth it.

So a decision has been made to help with the insurance and liability on the Pt gawler site. The tracks are apparantly not signed enough for the insurance so a lot of work must be done and approved before it can open again.

They have agreed to do this to keep the pittys of the streets and reserves. Bout time in my opinion.

NOW, there like any government procedures, is a lot of RED TAPE, legall documents etc to set this up again but it has been said to me that it will definately be opening just as soon as all approvals have been processed and a contract between councils has been established.

SO I think we will have a place to ride yet again boys. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

One thing the lady did mention was that if misbehaviour was a common thing at port gawler (like ass clowns sneeking in and not paying) they will suspend it as it is to much of a risk to them. So we all need to do the right thing and pay our entry and ride properly. If this is done we can all enjoy riding yet again.
\
SORRY FOR DRAGGING ON BUT IM SURE YOUR ALL PUMPED TO HEAR THIS.

TAKE IT EASY.

Karoonda,

Is that a fair way past murray bridge isn't, dont they have a music festival there or something?

It seems like JAMS might be the go even though its a bit sandy. does anybody what its really like there. can you still ride around there ok or is it just impossible.

I also heard from council yesturday fellas the latest on Pt gawler:

Local councils eg salisbury, TTG, Playford etc. were looking at building a mx riding area at the RAAF base but the money to set it up etc was not worth it.

So a decision has been made to help with the insurance and liability on the Pt gawler site. The tracks are apparantly not signed enough for the insurance so a lot of work must be done and approved before it can open again.

They have agreed to do this to keep the pittys of the streets and reserves. Bout time in my opinion.

NOW, there like any government procedures, is a lot of RED TAPE, legall documents etc to set this up again but it has been said to me that it will definately be opening just as soon as all approvals have been processed and a contract between councils has been established.

SO I think we will have a place to ride yet again boys. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

One thing the lady did mention was that if misbehaviour was a common thing at port gawler (like ass clowns sneeking in and not paying) they will suspend it as it is to much of a risk to them. So we all need to do the right thing and pay our entry and ride properly. If this is done we can all enjoy riding yet again.
\
SORRY FOR DRAGGING ON BUT IM SURE YOUR ALL PUMPED TO HEAR THIS.

TAKE IT EASY.

Awsome!!!!! Thats great info, thanks for that!!

Thats really great that it will eventually, deffinately open again! Pt G was awsome!!

Yeah its gonna be sick.
Be good to catch up with some of you guys down there some day.

Does any body know of any places to ride around near mannum or bow hill area. just looking for open scrub to boot my pitty around in. just wanna get some practice.

cheers. if anybody know please let me know

SHIT YEAH FINALLY A TRACK NOT SO FAR AWAY!!!

are they gonna need any volunteer work down there?

Was it true that you could used to rent bikes there? Thats what someone told me but I'm not sure its true.

Dont know about the help down there sorry.
Have not heard about rented bikes either.
If you dont mind me asking sidney.
where do you ride while pelies and pt gawler is shut.
just seems like wherever I go someone has a fkn problem. i even put a baffle in my muffle to quieten it down. not happy.

yet nobody helps organise a riding area. a skate park gets built and graffiti hits it asap and what do they do..... build another one futher on.

SHIT YEAH FINALLY A TRACK NOT SO FAR AWAY!!!

are they gonna need any volunteer work down there?

Was it true that you could used to rent bikes there? Thats what someone told me but I'm not sure its true.

Yep, you could rent bikes.

I ride at my house and my mates house, Im in the hills I have heeps of riding area but no real tracks where we can meet.

I've only taken my bike on 3 serious rides. once at my mates farm and twice at jams.

jams is only fun the first time really because theres no jumps

Sidney youll have to come down to Goolwa one day and come for a ride and get that MSO dirty, sounds like it needs it lol,

Geezus18 should be able to come out too hes down here, we got 2 tracks we could take ya to!

Ill see if Geezus is keen and let ya know, will have to be soonish cause we are looking at building a new house now, and will be moving back to Murray Bridge!

Latest posts

Back