After a new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradizle

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here... im after a new bike... i dont have much experience in minis... since riding my cousins 125.. im in love....

It will be my very first bike... not sure what to get...... always been used to riding 50c and 80s so going to have to learn to shift gears.

The dhz outlaw 140cc
DHZ BIG BORE LIFAN 140CC TRAIL DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR CRF - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Dec-07 20:00:00 AEDST)

or the pitpro 140cc
2008 140cc PITPRO RACE, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT TRAIL - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Dec-07 19:00:00 AEDST)

or even a pitpro 125cc

Is the ride height different between the 125's in 140's? its just the sole purpose of been a mini :p

Im 18, 5 "11 if that helps...

Thanks Brad

Last edited:
either keep riding your cousins bikes, or get a CRF50. trust me, they are torque monsters

the dhz 140 is going to be to fast for a new rider you reckon?

Yep they sure are and MSO are a great high quality built bike, they look also much better then those 2 and are built a hell of alot better.

I have a MSO and i love it to peaces. You will also have much help as Ken and Linda are always there to help you.

i went from riding my cousins crf 80 like 3 times, then i went out and got my first bike, that being a 125cc pitty, not sure hot the 140's go but there good to learn on. not so far off the ground to fall off from;)

the 140's are the same size as a 125 unless your talking about midsize 140's like pitpro 140xr or the new MSO 140sr, depends whether its a pitpro 140 or pitpro 140xr.From what I've noticed pretyy much all midsize pitty's have klx110 plastics where as normal sized pitty's have crf50 style plastics(there are exceptions of course),for a new rider stick with a 125 or a normal 140 as they are a bit easier to ride for newbies,but if you love speed get a 140 with the IRK (like a 140xr)they're heaps faster but need alot more rider input to keep it from stalling or crashing.Not that theres anything wrong with the odd crash,it builds character.

For a newbie rider like me im going to get the 125... maybe next year sometime ill go with the 140

hey mate if ur interested in gettin a bike that wont fall apart im selling my honda crf 50, its been fully upgraded and has an 88 kit in it, let me know what you think.. trust me it doesnt dissappoint:)

get the dhz
it fast , but not too fast ,like any one can handle it.
dont get a crf there over rated.

iv heard ok things about the crf 50 but i hate how it looks, looks like crap next to a real pitbike

and arnt they slow and gamin compaired to a normal pitbike?

hahah what? nah but the people that have a crf 50 have done theirs up mostly. and i havnt riden one but im just goin by the looks , i know they r realy high quality tho ofcause

now why some1 who is 18 and looking into his first bike ,would drop his coin on a crf50 is beyond me ,there toys for the boys

grab ya self a chinny flog the gutz out of it ,learn all your stuff then go GET A BIG BIKE SO U CAN RIDE WITH YA MATES

id buy a chinny pitty cut my teeth then id be looking for something u can ride fast ,sheesh your 18 and fully indestructable ,i remember those days

if your going to get a pitrpo 140 get the xr one supposably built for racing havnt heard any bad stories of em yet but dhz brake a bit mi m8s got one the engines are good though .

most of the chinese bikes are all copies of the crf 50 anyway so to say that the crf 50 doesnt look as good is strange i think cus they look the same.. theres a reason the chinese copied crf 50s.. theyre fricken awesome.. i'm 18 and i paid for all of the parts on my bike and it was worth it because i've never had a break down or even broken a part on the thing except the spokes in the back wheel cus the jump that i was doin was too hard a landing

i think he means like the height of it
they look Fu3king shit compared to a nice china pitty
there too small and slow

Latest posts

Back