air filters

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz101

Reaction score
i have a crf wit an 88 and a pod filter on it the uni filter foam type. i oil it like i do with my big bikes 250s etc is this what i should be doing? any input would be appreciated

What is it you do with your big bikes?

Most people on here clean their Air Filters after every ride. Myself i clean it after every 2-3 rides as I don't go for big rides (just around the paddock). To clean your Air Filter use should:
- get some mineroal turps
-wash it in that
-let it dry
-then oil it
-wait for it to dry
-put back on bike

Well thats what I do. Other poeple might do it diferently.

okaywith big bike use airfilter oil(really sticky oil) put it right through filter which sounds like what you do as well cheers mate

Is your Air Filter oil blue? Mine is and its really stickie and I hate putting it on. Another note your should do you Air Filter after a big ride or a couple small rides (you prob already know that but to those that don't).

Last edited:
yeh lol race big bikes know bout that depends what conditions man if its not dusty then dont need doin so much. yeh depends what brand ya get. i just een some people dont oil em and was wonderin why

Yer i have never oiled my Air filter on any of my mini's... just cleaned them .. everything seems to be going sweet :rolleyes:

hah i just use the air compressor and blow all the dust out like i do for cars lol and put her back on, shes still going good. i have a new filter now though, maybe i should oil it even though i havnt riden since its been on

Is your Air Filter oil blue? Mine is and its really stickie and I hate putting it on.
Cheats guide to oiling filters... Squirt oil onto filter... drop into plastic bag, like a freezer bag you stole from Mum's kitchen... rub oil into filter using bag, instead of hands.. no direct contact, no evidence afterwards you've been picking your nose with blue smurf fingerprints on your nostrils. Win.

obviously remove filter from plastic bag before attaching to bike...

It's a good way to get an even coverage of oil on your filter...

is a double fail an automatic ban? gawd lets hope not... ha ha ha ha! Three strikes and you're otu.
I mean out... ;)

hmm... mod flamed by a junior member.
Nice work. heh heh. Ban! lol
i'll get Hillz to ban me later.. Honest.. ;)

I have a pack of disposable gloves for oiling filters, that crap is hard as hell to get off your hands. also with oiling the filter less is more. you just wanna make sure there is an even amount of oil all through the filter, then squeeze out as much excess as possible or it just clogs the filter and can cause you to run rich.

I took my air filter off :) it's running rich and i'm trying to lean it out till my jets get here.
Will probably leave it off anyway. I need an excuse to rebuild the engine

Is your Air Filter oil blue? Mine is and its really stickie and I hate putting it on.

Cheats guide to oiling filters... Squirt oil onto filter... drop into plastic bag, like a freezer bag you stole from Mum's kitchen... rub oil into filter using bag, instead of hands.. no direct contact, no evidence afterwards you've been picking your nose with blue smurf fingerprints on your nostrils. Win.

obviously remove filter from plastic bag before attaching to bike...

It's a good way to get an even coverage of oil on your filter...

Sweet thanks THUMP* didn't even think of that, I just go out and do it, lol.

I took my air filter off :) it's running rich and i'm trying to lean it out till my jets get here.
Will probably leave it off anyway. I need an excuse to rebuild the engine
well, riding sans-filter will give you that opportunity. lol. especially if you can find a nice hole full of bulldust. :D
Sweet thanks THUMP* didn't even think of that, I just go out and do it, lol.

i'm sure there's some sort of monkey related joke here about sticky fingers... ;)

yes there is mate. just south of the city. why's that? you gonna suicide bomb it? please do, i wont have to get trucks down there anymore.

Latest posts

Back