Akunar Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paxracing offers a kit pretty cheap 85$...give them a ring!!

how do your rate barrnet plates? from like a kx60/80 ?
otherwise ill give pax a buzz :>

barnett is a well known company...they are awesome!!...but you have to use your steelplates ..the ones from Kawa are too thick!

hmm i might get a set of barnett ones for it, ideally something like the carbon fibre ones they use in the 450's with alloy plates would hold up like a mother bitch. its a bummer things like the TAKE 6 plate kit doesnt fit :(

blah now i cannot decide what i want to do with the GPX165.

i can either stick my 66.5mm crank in it and have it almost square (66.5/65.5)

or i can stick my GPX crank in it to have it oversquare and probably a lil more revvy (57/65.5)

just the thought of 224cc is sooooo enticing :D

the thought of 224cc is scary not enticing, but go for it, itll probably be one of the first one to ever be in existence, i havent even read about it on planetminis and those guys go after crazy numbers

well the 182 was good fun till it spat 1st gear...

im used to riding 450's so its not really that scary. deffinatly entertaining :D

yeah they usually go to about 195/207 havnt seen any bigger afaik.

but seems i have the big crank i may as well use it, didnt get it made up for nothing :D

kekeke mines still bigger :D

but that is pretty sick, also confirms that the box should hold up to it :)

but you don´t have an +R head....and if the gearbox holding that thing...mmm...time will tell :p

i have a v2 though :)

and im going to get my cases and gearset's cryo'd too help them as much as i can. also thats a monkey bike shop, dirts easier on things :)

sweet...well the v2 isn't that different ....well dirt is easier on things ...mmm I don't know..hihihi...not in my case lol

im thinking that cryo'ong the gearset will give me a little more le-way. worst case, ill have to get a few gears made up to with stand the onslaught. but after you spend that much on the homo, that little bit extra for insurance against blowing the box would be worth it :)

YX150 with the 165kit arrived today, started boring out the case for the spigot, should be done and in tonight, than give it a short run tomoz.

just waiting on my 65.5mm piston and bearings for my crank to suit, im hoping that the OD of teh cranks is the same, which would allow me to throw the cam chain sprocket on my gpx crank.

i also have a digi cam on the way, so ill get some pics up of 1st gear on the 182cc while im at it :D

i would have, but i forked out for a 65.5mm piston, and a V2 head.

it was at a more tempting price than a digi cam. i have a lil bit of footage of it as a YX165. but the camera i have uses the DV tapes and i cant get a still picture :(

ill stick the link up from youtube once its up :D

linkie link :- YouTube - YX165

Last edited:
it was slow as as the clutch was slipping and i was running it in still, but ill take some more footage of the bitch at black duck, it will be a V2 178cc short stroke revver :)

Latest posts

Back