All Wheel Drive Motorcycles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You may or may not be aware of this but "two-wheel-drive production dirt bikes look set to become a reality".
I was reading through Issue 380 of the Australasian Dirt Bike Magazine and they had a small article on this.
The company is called Christini, and they can convert the following bikes:

KTM Off-road 250/300 XC and XCW
KTM 450/530 XCRW and EXCR
Honda CRF250X
Honda CRF250R
Honda CRF450X

Now I am usually skeptical of these somewhat concept ideas, but this one looks like the real deal.
Dont get me wrong, I think AWD takes half the fun of riding out.
Climbing up hills will become too easy, and personally I enjoy getting out of tricky situations like getting bogged or just not making it to the top of that hill.
The cost for the KTM kit is a hefty $4595 and the Honda kit is $3995.
Go check it out and tell me what you think.

Christini All Wheel Drive Motorcycles

Cheers, Mitch.

Yamaha made one back in the early naughty's, i think people didnt like the idea of having a front wheel that could possibly lock up & throw you over the bars at any time

Yeah I think this Christini company have nailed it though, I read about it spinning freely with the throttle dumped and it only starts to turn when the rear wheel reaches a certain RPM or something, haha.
Steering would be heaps heavier though wouldnt it?

Yamaha released the 2wd WR450 2-trac in 2003/2004. Remember seeing one at a city yamaha dealer, it was there for ages, no-one wanted to pay an extra 8 or 9 grand for it(19,000 from memory).
Yamaha WR450F 2-Trac - Review

its the stupidest idea ever

i think it was husqvarna or another europeanan brand made one about 2-3 years ago and and all worked through in the innards of the forks, i personally think its pointless

its the stupidest idea ever

i think it was husqvarna or another europeanan brand made one about 2-3 years ago and and all worked through in the innards of the forks, i personally think its pointless

Try riding Dakar and say that. They have there purpose. Usually they pull 20 percent from front. Just enough to pull you round the corner. Steering is a tiny bit heavier but not noticeable.

I have heard guys rate them and others not like them.

Apparently they make sandy/boggy riding better but anything else and its not really noticable

Yeah well obviously hill climbing will be piss easy, boggy situations will be much better etc etc.
but I just think the concept is stupid, putting the rear end sideways and digging it into mud is some of the best fun on a motorbike.
but then again if your loaded with cash, you may aswell have a separate bike which is setup with AWD just for ****s n gigs.

Try riding Dakar and say that. They have there purpose. Usually they pull 20 percent from front. Just enough to pull you round the corner. Steering is a tiny bit heavier but not noticeable.

I have heard guys rate them and others not like them.

lol i dont think it would matter if i had a 2wd motorbike or not either way i would die!! haha

i have just had a good look at the system this company uses running an extra chain a prop shaft ,universal joint then a double drive system to the front wheels,i think the gain in traction may be out done by the excess weight,loss of power and excess fuel consumption and i would be interested to feel the pull on the bars when the front drive did kick in when sliding out on a corner

I'd imagine it would make it easier to get on the power earlier and harder as the front wheel will pull the bike straight... I can't imagine the kit would weigh a massive amount and power isn't really 'lost', more 'redirected' ;)

Latest posts

Back