Alpinestar tech 8-10 vs Gaerne SG 10-12

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpinestars tech 8-12 Gaerne SG 10-12

• Total voters

top speed

Reaction score
Alpinestars tech 8-10 vs Gaerne SG 10-12

im looking to buy a NEW pair of boots because my previous fox comp 5's i found that it was to hard to change gear because they are so thick so i took them back. i want a good fitting easy to chane gear boots i will probebly be buying from USA and shipping back i ride where alot of sicks and rocks jump up and hit me in the shins so they need to be tough but flexibe but not so flexibe that i snap my ankles when i stack. wich ones are good????????

US website and prices + ratings

Gaerne SG-12: Gaerne SG-12 Boot - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Gaerne SG-10: Gaerne SG-10 Boot - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Alpinestars tech 10: Alpinestars Tech 10 Boots - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Alpinestars tech 8: Alpinestars Tech 8 Boots - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:
Alpinestars are great for maneuverability, i have a pair of tech 8's and they have to be the best boots i have owned so far. my previous boots tech 3's lasted me 2 and half years so being the cheapest alpinestar boot on the market and how much i used them, i would have to say there tough!

yup im running the tech 3's atm, have had em for a year or so, seem to be lasting really well.

I hear the SG10 are 1 of the most comfortable boot on the market but i have never used them so im gunna have to go with what i no and say alpinestar here

i also have tech 3's. i like the shoe type boots ( Without the sole sewd to the boot) much better feel

tech 3s here too, I tried a pair of 10s on felt really comfortable but havent ridden in them so cant say too much about them. tech 3s are a great cheap boot.

Tech 8's all the way. Comfiest boot I have used. The inner booties kick ass. House mate has the Gernies, not bad for price but got nothing on tech 8's.

Try Sidi 'Flexforce' or 'Crossfire' if your going to spend that amount of money.
I've got the flexforce boots and have done some trail riding, i hit one stick doing about 55km/h and it only left a mark on the boot and i didn't feel a thing.
I've also had the peg land on the arch part of the boot and i only ended up with soft tissue damage.
Having said that if I had a stand leather or non moulded boot on, guaranteed broken foot!
just give them a look, ::: SIDI :::

1 things for sure, dont buy oneal's.......i dont no this guy but i no a few that was with him when this happened

14022010.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the tech 10s and found them to be fairly uncomfortable,i really didnt like the restrictive movement that the inner booty caused.Instead i went for the tech 7s and i find them unbelievably comfortable.They so far after 2 full winters of riding are holding up very well for wear and i have never had wet feet while wearing them which i experienced regularly with my previous pair of boots

I tried the tech 10s and found them to be fairly uncomfortable,i really didnt like the restrictive movement that the inner booty caused.Instead i went for the tech 7s and i find them unbelievably comfortable.They so far after 2 full winters of riding are holding up very well for wear and i have never had wet feet while wearing them which i experienced regularly with my previous pair of boots

Once they wear in you won't notice the inner booties. Plus no more smashing your toes on the end of the boot. ;)

really? i found the inner booty better, it gives a tighter snug fit therefor you have better movement through to the toe of the boot.

Yeah ive got a set of Tech 8's too...Wouldnt wanna wear any other boot after wearing these :p, Used to have a set of O'neils...theyre gammon lol.
Theyre super comfortable, Inner boot is great, Buckles are solid as and from the moment you put them on youve got movement, But not too much, not too less. Once u get used to changing gears with a big ass boot all will be sweet :D

Once they wear in you won't notice the inner booties. Plus no more smashing your toes on the end of the boot. ;)

If the boots fit properly and are tightened correctly you shouldnt be smashing your toes at the end of the boot anyway

Tech 10's all day , everyday. To brake the booties in just pull them out and stand in the shower with them on , then spend the day pottering around in them. Best way to brake a booties in if your not constantly riding through puddles. The boot shell will fill out slowly over time too...

I gotta get some pictures up of a fella i no! broke his leg and the bone went through the inside leather bit of the boot

The pictures look disturbing!

get sidi´s...they are the best MX boot known to mankind!

Latest posts

Back