Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
So i picked up another bike the other day,
It's a 138cc, allloy framed (faded anodised red), CRF50 style pitty, and seems to be a pretty solidly built bike.
Came with Fastace AS02 forks, and I Shock rear? Alloy rims, Kenda Millsville front tyre, and a performance inner rotor kit (debatable)
The complete bike is pretty light too, weigh's 23kg on the front end and 19 kg on the rear, so all up about 46kg with a full tank of fuel.

The guy i bought it off bought it brand new just over 4 years ago.
He took it out riding about 5 times then one day it wouldn't start, so he let it sit in his shed for 4 years (he has a big bike and a CRF50 too)
Over the time it sat idle, i had lost a few parts, fenders, rear tube, chain, exhaust, throttle and cable, air filter and handlebars.

I fitted some old sh1tty bars i had laying around to make it easier to move etc, fitted the clutch and brake levers and a spare throttle and cable

I thought i had better see if it starts, but it had no spark.
I checked out the reading's on the stator and sure enough the pickup coil has failed.
It's pretty common fault with the inner rotor kits as most of you would know.

I swapped in a good YX160 stator, and gave it a kick, it fired and ran straight away.
There was a bad hesitation when i revved it and it stalled.

So next thing i did was remove the carby and strip it down.
The fuel bowl had some dark gum build up in the bottom, which cleaned out easily with some brake cleaner

The Pilot jet had a few holes blocked up with gum too, they just needed a poke through with some strands of copper wire to clean them
Main jet was good, but the Emulsion tube was blocked up to about half way up, so i cleaned the holes across it with the copper wire too.
Next i gave it a soaking in brake cleaner, and blew out all the ports with the compressed air.
Carby went back together again nice, and i chucked it back on the bike with some new fuel lines, fuel filter and a spare Uni filter i had.
First kick it fired up and idled, revs pretty sweet and has no hesitation either.

Next thing i did was take the back wheel off.
The back tyre was bald, and had no inner tube, and the rear rim was a little beaten up and scratched.
i straightened the rim, gave it a quick rub back and resprayed it satin black.
Then i fitted a spare IRC tyre on 80/100/10 and a new tube, and put it back on the bike

At some stage the chain had been taken off and lost ?
So i cut down the old spare chain off the Braaap oiled it up and fitted it to the bike.

It came without an exhaust system, so i cleaned up a spare one i had here and put that on.

And i also cleaned up some old CRF tank shrouds, painted them satin black and fitted them

This is it after a quick clean to get the dust off

And some more pics after getting it together and running again, and i have put a brand new set of plastics on.

sweet add another to the collection ., Like the carbon cap and tank . is it wrapped or ???? some cooky things come out of P.R.C ..

The Carbon look is like the Hydrograpics that are making a comeback atm.

They float a transfer on a tank of water, and lower the primered parts on top of it and into the water.
Then it's taken out and left to dry, finally it is clear coated to help protect the transfer.

[video=youtube;_CA0DR4GSQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CA0DR4GSQg[/video]

I wanted that :'(
Wanna sell that front axle bolt would loo awesome on my lxr ;)

Yeah thanks, i'm getting there, it's certainly looking better the more i do.
I want to find some nice bars for it next, and some new brake lines as the plastic outer has gone brittle and is cracking off.

And you need a new front axle maybe a silver one would look better. I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Lol, you want them bad don't you.
I haven't even sussed them out yet.

Fitted my new Kickstarter today

So Craig. I reckon you need to sell me that front axle i reckon it would look good on my Lxr :p

Well it look's like this bike has got itself a new owner.

I have been cleaning up a new engine (1P39FMB, 50cc semi auto) to drop in so he get's used to the pit bike.
Cj has been watching a heap of pitbike video's on Youtube over the last week too, so he know's what to do on it, lol.
He really love's this bike.
I need to find a shorter rear shock for it, i need a 250mm so i can get it sitting at a good height for him,
Pic ^ has a 20mm shorter than stock shock sitting in the rear so he could try it out.
The fork's have been raised in the tripple's about 25mm since that pic too, it doesn't look as raked now

I rang a guy i know yesterday but he was out, he called me back this morning..
He has one that might work for me, and maybe a sticker kit too.
He's also got a new genuine Oko 30mm for me too.

Stu, you can try the Polini PWK28 out on your bike if you want.

Latest posts

Back