Anyone bought a revmx 160 lately?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evilmonkey

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Im new on here, been doing plenty of research on buying my first pit bike. The two options ive narrowed it down to is either a outlaw 160 or a revmx 160.

While there is plenty of recent info on the outlaw(after 2012 posts), i havent been able to find much recent info on the revmx. Im seriously considering this bike over the outlaw due to the different suspension, since where ill be riding is extremely rocky, having a more planted rear end sounds great.

Anyone that has bought one of these within the last two years, could you chime in with your opinions? Issues with the bike, problem areas, good areas?

Any recent threads? As i couldnt find any.

Thanks in advance people

You want a Pitsterpro Lxr mate.
Dont look back just go lxr

Cant afford one, otherwise id definitely get one. My budget is around 1500, which both of these bikes are priced accordingly.

Im never going to race it, just want a good bike for the trails around my property, so having the 'absolutely best' doesnt matter to me.

I was initially gong to get a full sized 2 stroke, like a cr or rm 125. But after i rode a mates dpro125 i prefer the smaller frame, since im only 5.7. And having a new bike appeals to me also

Looks nice, would pobably be able to stretch my budget, but the 125 4 pot is a killer for me.

I definately want a 160. Havent ridden one, but from what ive read i should be happy with the power to weight ratio

Cant afford one, otherwise id definitely get one. My budget is around 1500, which both of these bikes are priced accordingly.

Im never going to race it, just want a good bike for the trails around my property, so having the 'absolutely best' doesnt matter to me.

I was initially gong to get a full sized 2 stroke, like a cr or rm 125. But after i rode a mates dpro125 i prefer the smaller frame, since im only 5.7. And having a new bike appeals to me also
have a look at the classifieds.. Might even find my bike :p

I live a couple of hours north of cairns, qld, so classifieds arent really much of a go for me, either.

Im thinking i may have to pick one up, give it a review, see if they are still as good as they were reportedly back when their design first come out.

That was the main info i was chasing, do they have any glaring weak points.

I live a couple of hours north of cairns, qld, so classifieds arent really much of a go for me, either.

Im thinking i may have to pick one up, give it a review, see if they are still as good as they were reportedly back when their design first come out.

That was the main info i was chasing, do they have any glaring weak points.
Pretty much if its a 125cc the steel swingarm was a weakpoint around the shock mounts that could break when jumping large...
other than that there pretty good aslong as the condition is good.. and it shifts and holds all gears and conditions okay then id say there just as good as any larger bike just smaller :) and less dosh too :p so id say just look for the norm condition as if you would a larger bike

Im planning on buyng new over the net, so i guess i should be pretty good condition wise after i go over all the necessaries.

I saw you mentioned the 125 had a weakpoint in the frame, any idea if this is also in the 160 model?

It will most likely not matter a great deal in the long run, since im not a big jumper lol

Im planning on buyng new over the net, so i guess i should be pretty good condition wise after i go over all the necessaries.

I saw you mentioned the 125 had a weakpoint in the frame, any idea if this is also in the 160 model?

It will most likely not matter a great deal in the long run, since im not a big jumper lol
well atleast the psto's 125
The weak point is on the swingarm not the frame.. the frame is the same The other 160's etc are a alloy swingarm that seem to take the abuse better..

Im not worried about mine though as im not jumping huge jumps/crazy linkage loads :)

Yeah i found the fuzes/larger pitties to be the better if you cant get your hands on a lxr.. found the rear end to be quite hard to hook up like the lxr's though (just because of the linkage) but those with a good setup are very similar imo

Hmmm, youve given me a bit to think about guys, cheers.

The outlaw was my first choice before i stumbled upon the revmx.

Still not 100 on which bike to go, i noticed the dpro125 had a lil trouble hooking up in the rough stuff around my place....

Ah well, still got a couple of weeks to decide before ive got the cash up to purchase, hopefully i can get some more insight into the revmx to settle my mind on which bike im going to get by then

Yeah Ive ridden Craigs fuse it feels pretty good!! My foxico perimeter frame is similar but I dont think its got the same amount of rear travel as it runs a 320 shock on more of an upright angle, but it still feels pretty good, it grips rather well and the small jumps ive done on it felt pretty good. Hanging to take it out again!!

Dont worry, answered my own question lol

That atomic nitrous looks pretty good as well.... Options options lol, i was hoping to trim the options to one and now im at three haha

Dont worry, answered my own question lol

That atomic nitrous looks pretty good as well.... Options options lol, i was hoping to trim the options to one and now im at three haha
i found them fun to mess around on but i could never get comfortable.. (however i am over 6''5) maybe thats the reason lol

Latest posts

Back