Anyone got a drone?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting one for a while now but I'm not sure what to choose?

I been looking at the Dji Phantom 4 because it's pretty much what I need but it's a bit pricey...

Has anybody built their own with similar attributes to the phantom for less?

Cheers
Cordogs

I have a little Walkera Ladybird its pretty fun to fly around considering its about the size of your hand.
Although my Dad has a Arducopter that is pretty hectic. Has all GPS positioning and all the fancy bits and bobs. But from memory that cost around $1200 to make.
Have a look on Hobbyking, they have some good cheap quads that are still really good quality.

Hay Cory
Good mate of mine from school is a dealer for DJI phantom's , Sell's them out of his shop! He Good fella Chris
Tell him Shearer sent ya ;)

Murtech Coonamble
Murtech Coonamble - Local Telstra Dealer
Telstra dealer
Guns, ammo
PC work IT fellas

he also got facebook page with heaps info of dones . find them on facebook too

Last edited:
Pecka has a drone , have a chat to him to see what he thinks of it

I had a fly of it , I didn't know coming back towards yourself the controls were opposite , I drove that sucker straight into the ground with the GoPro and all :mmph:

Pecka was watching the footage back , I seen him just look up at me and shake his head , he seen the crash :)

Hay Cory
Good mate of mine from school is a dealer for DJI phantom's , Sell's them out of his shop! He Good fella Chris
Tell him Shearer sent ya ;)

Murtech Coonamble
Murtech Coonamble - Local Telstra Dealer
Telstra dealer
Guns, ammo
PC work IT fellas

he also got facebook page with heaps info of dones . find them on facebook too

That's really good to know Shearer thanks for that mate, I'll look him up and have a chat with him.

Pecka has a drone , have a chat to him to see what he thinks of it

I had a fly of it , I didn't know coming back towards yourself the controls were opposite , I drove that sucker straight into the ground with the GoPro and all :mmph:

Pecka was watching the footage back , I seen him just look up at me and shake his head , he seen the crash :)

Haha that's classic! Hmmm maybe you shouldn't be taking pictures for me after all! Lol
Already had a quick chat with Pecka, he has the Dji phantom 1. I don't want a drone that uses a GoPro or similar lens style camera, I don't like the fish eye effect they produce.

I have a little Walkera Ladybird its pretty fun to fly around considering its about the size of your hand.
Although my Dad has a Arducopter that is pretty hectic. Has all GPS positioning and all the fancy bits and bobs. But from memory that cost around $1200 to make.
Have a look on Hobbyking, they have some good cheap quads that are still really good quality.

At the moment the phantom 4 is about as top of the tree you can go for under 3k. Gps positioning is an absolute must for me because it makes for a much more smoother flight whilst trying to toggle the camera at the same time. It also has collision avoidance technology to help me not get that sucker stuck up in a tree! ;)

Hahaha I havent really had much to do with drones more cars and helis. The DJI drones are awesome considering the fact its all plug and play. I remember my dad had to program his drone which didnt turn out too well haha. They are a pain to know which way they are facing too. Dont know if the Phantom has LEDs on it but they are a must if it doesnt.

Well originally I thought about building one to carry my camera but the fear of complexity destroyed that and the fact that the Dji 4 has a half decently 4K camera. But it's plug and play setup that you mentioned that really grabs me. Most high end drones can take ages to setup before flying where is the phantom 4 is plug it in and away you go!

Still hoping for a success testimony on a "build your own" setup though.....

Sounds like potting some thought into it. They interesting at just watt they can do with them now! amazing really
Two brothers Run the shop in Coonamble Chris & David . Work out all Q like to find out about , Id reckon they have answer! They switched on these fellas

Chris had his drone out home flying around me track filming! Got Cool action.

Ah mate I'm a bit fastidious about my expensive toys. There's nothing worse than buying something expensive only to realise you could of bought a better model for $100 cheaper.

Latest posts

Back