Anyone know any good forks for a kx 250f 2006

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotovertRockr

Reaction score
hey guys,

Just wondering i hate the showa forks on my bike at the moment,
Just needs some comments or tips or even suggestions on which forks I should get!
I know about chads set up ( have riden a bike with the whole set up) but was just wanting a good decent pair of forks!

Let me know

Tom

The forks just got rebuilt and i know they should be fine haha but they just dont feel the same 6 yrs of good use i think they should retire :p

Tom :p

Nah get a rebuild and revalve. I had pro-action in my race bike and my lap times seen a huge improvement and even race wins. The bike was more stable in corners and didn't buck around all the time.

its all to do with weight and setup.
an A grader with his own setup bike and a B grader on his own setup bike. if they swap bikes there lap times would be alot slower. they would struggle to ride the bike as fast as they normally would.
if the forks are recently rebuild then its obviously setup. forks dont usually need retiring unless they are bent or cracked.

like my bike im bottoming it out on jumps and whoop sections because they are to soft and there adjust on full hard clicks both front and rear.

I did engine work first thinking it would make me quicker and it did by a tiny bit but the suspension setup change my bike so much.

Yeah all my engine work is done thank god haha 5000 later, but the suspension needs to get done and ill be good! :)

even changing the bars makes a massive difference.
had big bike handle bars on my LXR then chucked on TAG t2 mini bend bars. the bike handled so much better and was alot more stable. infact i got a third overall that first ride with them.
suspention is deffently important imo. can have the fastest bike and be a fantastic rider. bad suspension they'll be either mid pack or around last and a guy with perfect suspention setup and an alright ride will be up front.
even james stewart when he rode for san manuel yamaha in 2010 when he broke is hand in supercross. he did a motocross race a unadilla he couldn't even ride the bike because they were a supercross team riding a motocross event. he was still fast but no where near as fast as he was normally. could see the bike bouncing around everywhere
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LdHk8OQ3A5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
good example how his talking about his struggling with the bike kicking him around.

Last edited:
I was looking at a pair of tag bars for my kx but i couldnt find any that would fit which sucks!,

i want to get rid of my renthrals (not a big fan)

Had a look at pro taper? there very good. have a set on my motovert and there still on there from 2007!
if there the crossbar model and you want the fat bars you need to change the clamps over.

not happy with the showas so you wanna buy new better forks? geeez man, got a spare 12k lying around do ya? those forks are sweeter than a diabetic in a candy store. just need to get them set up to your weight and style.

I was looking at a pair of tag bars for my kx but i couldnt find any that would fit which sucks!,

i want to get rid of my renthrals (not a big fan)

I ran the stock renthals on my 450 I couldn't get comfy with any other bars I have 3 different bends of tags and 4 different bends of pro tapers and the stock reanthsls were still better.

I really want to give the tags a go so badly!
And westy heading off to the army soon really want to have some fun and so does the credit card! hahaha

If you got the cash, there are always Showa A Kits available in the states on American Ebay second hand. Most have seen a fair bit of work though. You would probably better off putting that money into a newer bike if you were worried how much time is on your bike. If you wanna keep your current ride, get your forks and shock revalved, clean and grease all the swingarm and linkage pivot bearings, bang on a new set of tyres, and work on your riding technique. Dont think it will be your bike holding you back.

Latest posts

Back