Anyone own a dhz dpro 160?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipe

Reaction score
Sorry to post one of these, but i'm looking at spening some money on a 160cc. I have heard that these ones are hard to keep under control due to their shape and power is this true? I'm 6'2 and 90kg or so. My riding will be just paddock bashing and some occasional bush style stuff. So i'm interested in either the 160 or the 140 with the crf70 style frame. Any thoughts guys?

There harder to control than a bigger bike yep but thats what makes it fun :p
How much money are you looking to spend.. engine wise or chassis

crf70 frame sucks imo there cheap but suck too small to have a decent motor in and still use it all and go to most tracks

i think gottagetacheaperhobby owns one iirc ? Shoot him a pm, he'll be able to help you out :)

I've owned a 140 dpro which is a crf70 style and it was heaps nicer to ride then my other 160 which was a crf50 style frame. How ever your going to want to get the power of a 160. You won't have any problem getting used to it.
Dhz's bikes are kind of confusing because a dpro 160 is a 50 based bike and the dpro 140 is 70.
Look for the outlaw 160 which is a 70 based bike and comes with some extra goodies like better suspension and a couple of other things.
Don't be concerned about the power, when you first jump on it you will be like holy hell but you'll want more very quickly.

i want it to go nuts thats the thing. So the crf50 style frame looks good to me, but if i was to go up in price anymore i might as well invest in an 85 two stroke. In comparison to the atomik nitrous how is the frame shape and size? Im fairly big so i dont want to be to uncomfortable on it.

Last edited:
The nitrous is a crf50 frame aswell mate it's basically the same bike as a dpro 160 just a few different things like engine shock and a few more.
To say your a large guy I'd be aiming more at the 70 style, a little taller, a little longer and more room to move.
Best bet is try ya best to find a store that sells them and sit on a few.
If you want it to go nuts stay away from anything less then a 160.
But I know guys that are 6"2 and ride stockers so if you want nuts.
Get a 50 style frame and throw a daytona 190 in it. Money's money thou it's up to you.
Have a look on here from memory someone's selling a lxr 160 but can't remember where I saw it.

Thanks for that, i'm thinking of going for the 160 dpro purely on the fact i want the wheel to lift up etc with me simply throttling. Will there be any issues of knees hitting the handle bars on turns?

to be honest i reckon the dpro (50 style) frame would be to small for a bloke your size, i owned a dpro 125 which was the same frame and the ergonomics were up the sh@t and i had issues with bar knock and im only 5'8

^^^ I agree, you could go a 70 style frame get a slightly shorter shock and put the forks all the way down in the triples to get it to shoot for the sky.

Thanks for that, i'm thinking of going for the 160 dpro purely on the fact i want the wheel to lift up etc with me simply throttling. Will there be any issues of knees hitting the handle bars on turns?

No problems with hitting your knees mate, I'm 187cm and the only issue I have is trying to grab gears in out of burms.
But 160's suspension is terrible for jumping if your a heavier bloke, in order to get more hight and travel out of the dpro I've changed front and rear shocks and the swingarm.

Best bet mate! Get the dhz Outlaw, it's the best bang for your buck IMO. For the amount of money I've spent on my bike now I could of brought the Outlaw and had change.

But if you've got the coin, then go right ahead and get yourself an lxr 160 - 190.

Sorry to post one of these, but i'm looking at spening some money on a 160cc. I have heard that these ones are hard to keep under control due to their shape and power is this true? I'm 6'2 and 90kg or so. My riding will be just paddock bashing and some occasional bush style stuff. So i'm interested in either the 160 or the 140 with the crf70 style frame. Any thoughts guys?

I've got one for sale mate if your in nsw let me know

Thanks for the reply. I wouldnt be jumping it rather flat land riding and going through scrub etc. With the outlaw i just cant see myself spending that much on a pitty. As long as my ass isnt on the read tire when i ride ill be happy with the 160. I might also have a look at the 140 as well.

Latest posts

Back