Anyone still into pit bikes/minis

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke918273

Reaction score
It seems throughout the years the scene has faded? Or is it just me? My new build at the moment
31524280-9F02-4800-AF8B-40CBAC1F8D9A.jpeg0E6F9278-0405-4C3D-A716-FE84C4A39399.jpeg

Yes. I love pit bikes and minis. It seems the scene isn't as big as it use to be, i just got back into riding pit bikes after 8 long years. I've noticed there aren't many pit bike manufacturers anymore. Nice bike what is it? Heres my bike a 90cc thumpstar
2020-02-19 21.22.23.png

Oh nice! I’ll keep up to date with the progress of the bike now, below is how i got the bike second hand on the 16th of last month, it started life as a 2012 bbm yx150 big wheel.
8E09B0C1-EF2F-4700-875A-70DB703BB8FF.jpeg
no brakes working
Big wheels 17/14
Dead spark plug
Carburettor running poorly and would cut out
Headset loose
Surface rust on multiple parts
Left side motor cover held in by 2mm of thread and would rattle off.

hopefully by this time next week I should have the rest of the parts and put on it.

Oh nice! I’ll keep up to date with the progress of the bike now, below is how i got the bike second hand on the 16th of last month, it started life as a 2012 bbm yx150 big wheel.
View attachment 15091
no brakes working
Big wheels 17/14
Dead spark plug
Carburettor running poorly and would cut out
Headset loose
Surface rust on multiple parts
Left side motor cover held in by 2mm of thread and would rattle off.

hopefully by this time next week I should have the rest of the parts and put on it.
i got mine second hand too. The previous own looked after it. It has a little bit of surface rust but the bike is a built in 04 - 06. Whats the best way to remove surface rust?

the pitty scene has died off downunder but is making a huge comeback in US and always been big in europe, there are still a lot of manufacturers of them but most are higher end brands.....pitster pro, thumpstar, YCF, bucci, tcb etc etc
These pitbike forums is what has died, facebook killed them really and not surprised as its 10x easier to communicate ask questions, get answers through fb.
theres some good minibike pages with all the info you need on fb, minimotomx, backyard pitbike nation, killer minis, zs190 swapshop......

i got mine second hand too. The previous own looked after it. It has a little bit of surface rust but the bike is a built in 04 - 06. Whats the best way to remove surface rust?

i normally just sand it back to bare metal and then spray anti rust enamel, let dry and then paint it

the pitty scene has died off downunder but is making a huge comeback in US and always been big in europe, there are still a lot of manufacturers of them but most are higher end brands.....pitster pro, thumpstar, YCF, bucci, tcb etc etc
These pitbike forums is what has died, facebook killed them really and not surprised as its 10x easier to communicate ask questions, get answers through fb.
theres some good minibike pages with all the info you need on fb, minimotomx, backyard pitbike nation, killer minis, zs190 swapshop......

cheers bro at least I know it’s not completely dead

Latest posts

Back