apollo 125 dirt bike question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickj1957

Reaction score
My son recently bought an apollo 125 21 dirt bike. Well this is his second one. we returned the first because the frame cracked in the middle and the bike buckled. We had no problems returning and getting another. But now we have the same issue again. THe second bike is again starting to crack in the middle. also the muffler fell off, a bolt the hold the engine to the back of the frame and the rear brake spring broke and fell off. I now the bike was just $750 but I thought it would be better than this. At this point I do not feel that it is safe for my son to ride any apollo so I am going to return it this week and I hope I do not get a hard time from this dealer. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or their thoughts on the apollo bikes. Thanks Rick.

My son recently bought an apollo 125 21 dirt bike. Well this is his second one. we returned the first because the frame cracked in the middle and the bike buckled. We had no problems returning and getting another. But now we have the same issue again. THe second bike is again starting to crack in the middle. also the muffler fell off, a bolt the hold the engine to the back of the frame and the rear brake spring broke and fell off. I now the bike was just $750 but I thought it would be better than this. At this point I do not feel that it is safe for my son to ride any apollo so I am going to return it this week and I hope I do not get a hard time from this dealer. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or their thoughts on the apollo bikes. Thanks Rick.

hi, not sure what setup procedure you did on the bike when you got it but everything coming loose sounds like not much was done...

also i dont know what model bike you got but most of these over priced china bikes aren't the best for jumps or rough terrain abuse, i suggest you buy a bike that fits the riding style better

crazy 1 i was looking at yours last week but to bad your in sydney, to far for me lol.

I have owned both an ssr 125 and a Apollo DB-99 125cc both bought from www.powerdirtbikes.com I prefer the Apollo bikes hands down. The SSR pit bikes are great at first but they are hard to keep running and good luck getting parts for them. You can get parts for Apollo all day long on Amazon. I have owned my Apollo for 3 years now and yet to have a problem with it.

Hello all
Just bought a Apollo 007 125cc he rode it for 1 hours first. Took it out 3 days later drove it for a hour and the bike just shut off. Haven’t been able to start it since. Checked spark plug I’m getting spark. Fuel is good. Checked carb looks clean. All hoses are snuggle on. I hear the engine turning but won’t start. I’m lost on what it can be. Help please. I have a heart broken 14 year old.

jerry

I bought my son an Apollo RFZ and we have had every problem you can imagine, broken mufflers, cracked gas tanks, broken engine bolts, missing screws, bad brakes, and have gone through about five carbs. Biggest mistake we ever made. Literally piece of junk. Will never buy a Chinese bike again.

You hear some bad things about the Apollo bikes, they get some pretty bad press tbh. There are deffo some decent Chinese 125cc pit bikes out there though. Definitely best to buy from a decent dealer where you can take it back if there are any issues. What you can't take back though are any injuries you get if they let you down!

Hello all
Just bought a Apollo 007 125cc he rode it for 1 hours first. Took it out 3 days later drove it for a hour and the bike just shut off. Haven’t been able to start it since. Checked spark plug I’m getting spark. Fuel is good. Checked carb looks clean. All hoses are snuggle on. I hear the engine turning but won’t start. I’m lost on what it can be. Help please. I have a heart broken 14 year old.

jerry
Hey jerry, did you ever figure out what the issue was? I am having the EXACT same problem with my bike and i can’t figure out what it is. The only thing i can see wrong is that my fuel tank is slightly cracked and it’s leaking a very small amount but im not sure that would cause it not to start. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back