Apollo (2017) rfz db x18 Carburetor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan M

Reaction score
I have an Apollo rfz that I bought used and I am having bogging issues that don't happen super often but it is annoying and I wan't to fix them. I have ridden it for one summer with only slight issues, and now getting out of winter even after letting it warm up on idle outside for an outrageous amount of time when I turn the choke off and I start to go It bogs. I can most of the time fix it by shifting into neutral and revving it really high and then after it slows down it won't bog for about 10 mins. So I think its the carburetor (I don't know much about bikes feel free to suggest other possible issues) . I have looked on Apollo's website and I don't want to buy this years 100 carb for my bike, so I tried looking for measurements with no success. I email Apollo they only sent me back to there site to buy there carb, they gave no measurements. So I am looking for any information on what carb would match the bike the best, I have not measured the carb yet it is my next step.

I have found this 1 and I think its close but I don't want to spend money on hope
https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-W...buretor&qid=1553607792&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

(ps on apollos website the information given is C24_C44_125cc which makes no sense to me cause I would expect mm or something other than c24)

Have you cleaned the carbie and checked your jets are clean
No, i have very little experience with bikes and it is a little intimidating. Also i read that you should replace the gaskets, but im not sure were to get the new gaskets from.... Is the most logical first step to clean the carb?

First you will need to in Bolt the Carbie off the bike it will depend on what kind you have as to wether you use a a screw driver or 8mm socket IMAG0434.jpg

Next make sure you have drained all the fuel out and unscrewed the throttle cable and throttle slide IMAG0436.jpg

Now flip the carbie upside down there will be four bolts to undo with a Phillips head screw driver once undone remove the Carbie bowl don't loose the bolts it should be clean and free from sludge .
With the bowl off and throttle and slide out you should be able to check the main jett by holding the Carbie up to a light and seing light through it. The pilot it the smaller of the two and you will need to unscrew it to check it . If everything is fine with no blockages re assembly and put it back on. IMAG0437.jpg IMAG0438.jpg IMAG0439.jpg

Other causes could be water in the fuel or air filter or you fuel tank breather may be air locking the fuel tank

Latest posts

Back