Apollo 250 Hummer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer three amigos i've good and bad about them? where did you get your bike from thumpy - I'm just across the spencer gulf from you.......Whyalla........
:(

Hmm the more i look at MSO especially the elite l like.......so at this stage for me its the MSO elite (can i get road tyres for this beast as well) and for the kids the ebay pitbike !!!! :) hmmmm just need a few extra dollar my poor bank account........but alot of fun to come :)

We all seem to agree on these bikes, all we need now is somebody to come in and carve us all up for not recomending a CRF50 Ha Ha Ha.

If you can strech your budget definetly go MSO and get the best you can afford, once you start to ride you WILL to go harder and handle better, upgrading shocks costs big $$$ over buying them and upgrading later. You do get what you pay for so the more you spend the better you will go.

yeh, i agree with that order, i also agree with not getting direct from ebay, take a look & find their factory, while ur there u can a way better look & will probably find they are less, mi bike was like $750 on ebay & i went to the factory & got it for $620 & then saved $150 on postage, u need to see if it is ur size aswell, if when u hop on it u can just feel it is struggling like when u sit on one of the imported 50cc bikes then it tells u something

hmm my last post doesnt seemed to have work - i'll try again?

How will a MSO elite go for a 33yo tallish (and crusty) weight about 96kg will it blog down ?

No probs, I am a 35 year old worn out can't ride for sh t old man, and own a MSO X7r and its heaps good. The elite will be sweet

wow these must be awsome little bike - how about comfort you fit nicely, and control, must be able to throw these things around abit? also i just like to go for long rides, kick it up here and there, nothing major just a good days ride........will this be any prob for the little beast!!!

cass38 wot kind of punishment you put you bike through? do any major jumps with your beast?

No I don't do mutch jumpin and only rip around my yard and a few bush tracks, I am not a very good rider and my MSO scares the crap out of me flat chat. I have a mate who can ride very well and he weighs over 95kgs and has owns a 250cc Yamaha. He has ridden my bike and loves it, he is also selling his 250 to get a motovert.
Obviousley a 60kg kid will beat you on a cheapy if you weigh 95kgs but it will still be heaps of fun. You should give Ken at MSO a call he will help you out. I will PM you.

Check out this video for punnishment of pit bikes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42qvbze51ak

Last edited:
Hey CAss - thanks for the advice in the IM......its got me thinkin, your right, i should check things out before i commit to buying something for myself, at least i can still jump on the little demon bike and check how i go......just have to fight the kids for a go, or jump in line and wait my turn :) - been checkin the MSO range out and considering one? is there alot of different in the lower price range in parts/suspension?

The Pro is a very good bike IMO and is what I would buy if I had to get another bike. The important suspension bits are all there on the Pro and there is not much difference in the engine (124cc v 127cc). The alloy frame, CNC hubs and bling on the elite is worth big dollars but you may prefer to save on this stuff and get a better bike for the kids.

Sprocket

I have a hummer 250 at the moment till i save enough cash for a real bike i have had it for about 4 months now and to my surprise it's handled everything ive thrown at it, and i flog the shit out of it. Any opinions on a rear sprocket i was told a 47 tooth would be the way to go i mainly ride fire trails and some tight bush stuff.

47 seems the go but there is only one person selling them and charging top $ a chinese made sprocket aint worth $65 + shipping sprockets for japanese and european bikes sell for that price

I got my hands on a 47 tooth for $45 which includes postage to Newcastle and yes it's just a chinese one but it will do for a while.

Hi johnny i got my 47 tooth sprocket today wen't to put it on i was pumped to go for a ride to test it out the f****n thing doesn't fit i have the normal hummer 250 it seems the middle hole in the sprocket is to big for the hub on the wheel is my wheel to small or something it's a 160*16 the guy i got it from said will fit no worries and someone else said will fit as well i'm spewing.As you can see in the pics my hub has 4 holes the sprocket i got has 6 holes and the middle hole of the sprocket is much larger than the hub on my wheel.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
hi brought 1 of these aswell but when i got my off of ebay i tried to fit the battery and real tight and earthed out on the steel bar underneath the seat and burnt out the wires now wont start at all so there sending me a new battery and wiring loom so have to fit it and make sure it goes any1 else had problems like this but apart from that that seem like good value for the money. my is the 200cc size

the batterys need to go in with the terminals facing out i had to remove the foam mat under the battery for mine to fit and sounds like u have just blown a fuse no need to replace the wire harness

Latest posts

Back