Apollo DB-25 70cc fully auto - Starting problems...

Discussion in 'Chinese Mini's' started by DukeLaGroue, Apr 10, 2019.

Mini Dirt Bikes

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes:

1. Apr 10, 2019 #1

DukeLaGroue

DukeLaGroue

DukeLaGroue

So, not many hours at all on my son's bike but last time out, it wouldn't start after he laid it down (definitely couldn't call it a "crash" as he was basically walking it around a hairpin turn). Anyway, hit the start button and all you could hear was a buzzing sound coming from the starter solenoid.

Since parts are super cheap, I've replaced:

Starter
    Battery
    CDI
    Voltage Regulator
    Coil

Still, all it does is buzz. Not sure where to go from here...

Any thoughts or ideas?

2. Apr 10, 2019 #2

DukeLaGroue

DukeLaGroue

DukeLaGroue

Quick update...

So, I took the stator/magneto cover off. Then I removed the starter chain guides to give the starter chain as much "slack" as it might need... Pushed the starter button and WHAM-O! She cranked! Put all the covers and plastic back on, cranked her up and took her for a spin in the back yard just to be sure...

Yep, my son is going to be very happy when he gets home from school!!!

I'm guessing the chain guides/tensioners inside the cover were binding the chain somehow. I did put them back on before I covered it back up. All seems fine now.

(And I was hoping the piston/cylinder was shot so I could drop a new kick start 125cc engine in it to fix the problem! Ha, ha, ha!!!)

Here is my son his first day at a track:
    Danny Air.jpg

And here he is earning some gas money (my wife likes the exercise of the push mower):
    Danny cutting grass.jpg