Apollo DB-25 70cc fully auto - Starting problems...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeLaGroue

Reaction score
So, not many hours at all on my son's bike but last time out, it wouldn't start after he laid it down (definitely couldn't call it a "crash" as he was basically walking it around a hairpin turn). Anyway, hit the start button and all you could hear was a buzzing sound coming from the starter solenoid.

Since parts are super cheap, I've replaced:

Starter
Battery
CDI
Voltage Regulator
Coil

Still, all it does is buzz. Not sure where to go from here...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Quick update...

So, I took the stator/magneto cover off. Then I removed the starter chain guides to give the starter chain as much "slack" as it might need... Pushed the starter button and WHAM-O! She cranked! Put all the covers and plastic back on, cranked her up and took her for a spin in the back yard just to be sure...

Yep, my son is going to be very happy when he gets home from school!!!

I'm guessing the chain guides/tensioners inside the cover were binding the chain somehow. I did put them back on before I covered it back up. All seems fine now.

(And I was hoping the piston/cylinder was shot so I could drop a new kick start 125cc engine in it to fix the problem! Ha, ha, ha!!!)

Here is my son his first day at a track:
Danny Air.jpg

And here he is earning some gas money (my wife likes the exercise of the push mower):
Danny cutting grass.jpg

Great to see that you solved the problem ... Not many people would know what you found by checking it out for yourself !

Latest posts

Back