Are the rocker arms same for exhaust and inlet valves?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chamjiee

Reaction score
Hi
Are exhaust and inlet valves rocker arms same?

I did valve job and now there is alot of ticking noise from exhaust valve side. Valve clearance is set correctly but there seems to be a lot of horizontal play for the rocker arm on its shaft.

Earlier or was perfect before tearing it apart. I didn't notice which rocker was attached to which side.

This is for Chinese 110cc lifan horizontal motor E22 head.

not sure mate they look the same but think they are slightly different.....
most have a little sideways play and will usually make extra noise after proper adjustment and even fresh oil can make them louder....

Funny that sounds like what happend with my 110 head after I ported it lol
By memory the rockers are both the same
And have a little side to side play until the head is re installed but if there is horizontal play up and down Maybe double check your clearance are good coz the thread is adjusted to the right clearance so that rocker only has the smallest amount of play but if it’s ticking crazy loud it will quiet down unless it’s blowing smoke and not starting ticking to an extent is normal

They run .003" inch (.07 ~ .08 mm) inlet and .004" inch (.10 mm) exhaust ... Slight tappet noise is normal ...

Latest posts

Back