As01 Forks!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitproxr

Reaction score
hey all

looking buying a brand new set of fastace AS01 forks for my pitpro 140xr

with these forks will my front brakes go straight onto them?

pikin them up for $240 so hoping theyl fit straight on

Yeah , where can you get 'em for that price ???? I just got a quote for $293.68 AUD + $100 postage from China ........

That price was for forks (Black 730 mm AS-01 RCP) plus axle , 210 mm disc and front brake system to suit ........ just forks alone are $263 AUD + $88 AUD Postage ........ (the postage seems steep but he uses UPS / EMS) ....... USPS EMI is cheaper .......

He's also got the special axle and spacers that are supposed to be used with Fast Ace forks ....... I've got billet hub wheels which are (87 mm) .... 10 mm wider than the standard cast hub rims (77 mm) .......

My DHZ Monster Pro 150 has forks that have a special axle that's bigger on one side to act as a built in spacer .... that's done to stop the fork legs from crushing inwards as the nut is tightened ....... the allen head screws on one side clamp onto and lock the axle tight .

Fast Ace forks are supposed to use a similar "special" axle ..........

Last edited:
For 240$ ...mmm I have my doubts they are genuine AS01...thats to less money for it!

For 240$ ...mmm I have my doubts they are genuine AS01...thats to less money for it!

The forks I enquired about are $245 USD ...... I suppose there's only one way to find out ... and that's to buy a set ...... I haven't asked him what he can do a set of 730 mm DNM's for yet ....

I bought several things off him so far and they were all genuine .... The NGK coil was made in Japan .....

Zhejiang Jinyun Diwey Vehicle Co.,Ltd.

....I bought several things off him so far and they were all genuine .... The NGK coil was made in Japan .....
QUOTE]

was it made IN Japan or FOR Japan...:D
Well a bit shady all this things...Monster energy won´t be very happy to see their graphics for 14 bucks:p :p and you are right ...only way to find out is to order one !!;)

Well it says MADE IN JAPAN - FABRIQUE AU JAPON

It has japanese , english , french and german writing on the cardboard pack ...
ie high performance / haute performance / leistungsstark

ceramic resistor 5k / r`esistancc en ceramic de 5k / keramik-widerstand 5k

NGK Racing cable is designed to deliver maximum spark energy for todays extreme performance applications

Les cables de compe`tition NGK sont concus pour maximiser l`efficacite`de l`allumage dans les utilisations tre`s hautes performances

NGK-Racing-Cable entsprechen den Anspruechen modernster Motorentechniken

plus a ton of other crap ...... LOL ...

The coil looks top quality to me , the materials and epoxy resin are top notch ..... and I've got mallory , accel , bosch and other car racing coils .... I know decent quality when I see it ....

The Posh stuff is el cheapo ..... but at $52 AUD delivered for the lot ... I ain't complaining ......

c386_1.jpg

....Monster energy won´t be very happy to see their graphics for 14 bucks:p

Monster Energy is a drink ........ I don't think they'll be too worried about a few thousand more people getting to know about their products and buying their drink thru the free advertising the chinese are providing ......... :p

I also bought 3 sets of graphics for $50 AUD delivered ..... :p If you have a real good look they're not precisely the same as the genuines ....... but who cares .... at least I won't cringe when my kids stack and scratch 'em up .....

The graphics were delivered yesterday and they're top notch quality on 3M backing ........ A real surprise . The ASV levers are also top quality ... they're weighty like forged alloy .... once again extremely surprising and impressive .... and the carb is a Mikuni VM-24 round slide copy ..... it's a two thumbs up from me .......

Last edited:
does that coil and lead gove better spark and does it give more performance or whats so good about it???

I haven't tried it yet since I only just got it and it's been pouring rain for weeks here ..... it probably won't do too much for a stock motor ...... although I've read where IRK's work a lot better with a Kitaco super coil ..... I'll need to make or buy a bracket for it ......

Mountain found a spark plug that he says makes a difference ... I can't really see any coil doing too much unless an improved plug is used and the stock coil is under par ......

Easy to deal with as they take paypal ... you just have to haggle over the shipping ... LOL ...... They're good to buy hard to get parts off ......

does anyone know if they have done anything with the tripples ?
I heard that they used to be narrower then most and people were having clearance issues with there front wheel ?

Btw Cactus Jack what model DNM have a 730mm fork ? I had a look around and could only find the M200 and the biggest they came in was 700.

Yeah I finally found the DNM site and they only show 645 and 700 mm forks .... The AS-01RCP's still have the same triple clamps as the AS-02's as far as I know ... I'll be able to tell you soon since I have a 730 mm black set on their way over from that guy .... I told him my hub width and am getting the proper axle , spacers , disc and calipers to suit with the forks ....... They've got an axle like a big bike that locks on one side .....

Here's a pic of a gold set from DHZ .....

DSC03774.jpg

And a CGI image of black ones .....

22008418101546.jpg

I've had trouble with the triple clamps being to norrow had to order a new set. I was lucky i could get a set that i did not have to machine out the top clamp as the as-01 forks are 48mm where the top and clamps clamp on to the fork. And afew other things were wrong as well, missing teflon washer on inside of the top cap where the spring adjuster is, and a small bit of alloy was broken off on the bit that compresses the spring inside the top of the fork leg. When you tightened up the spring tension on the fork it would sound like the alloy thread was striped but it was a small bit of alloy that a grub screw was ment to foul up on when you compress the spring. I paid about $400 for the forks then had to buy crf 50 bearings another $100, now new clamps.

...so they will be basicly the same as a AS02 axle, clamp and spacers??...iam anxious to know because we want to order some too!!

Maybe im blind but I cant see a link to where you bought this gear from, im interested in the graphics kits aswell :confused:

...so they will be basicly the same as a AS02 axle, clamp and spacers??...iam anxious to know because we want to order some too!!

NO the axle is totally different unless your AS-02's have the proper Fast Ace axles in the first place (take a REALLY good look at the pics and enlarge them if you have to) ..... the axle hex head side is 20 mm which also acts as the right hand side spacer ... then it steps down to 15 mm and there's a normal type spacer on the disc side . When you tighten the nut the wheel is tightened only against the left hand side fork leg foot .... the right side floats in the leg and is clamped by the two allen head bolts AFTER the axle nut is tensioned . That's the ONLY way they can prevent the fork legs from being crushed inwards if the wheel hub width varies or things wear . AS-02's are supposed to be that way too .... Genuine Thumpstars with AS-02's had a special axle that was 15 mm on the RHS stepping down to 12 mm thru the wheel . Then the LHS spacer would need to be stepped down to 15 mm to go thru the fork leg to act as a bush ..... The 15 mm standard type axle is WRONG to use and dope assed from an engineering point of view .... if the sum of the spacers and hub width aren't absolutely precise to maintain perfectly parallel tube centreline to tube centreline spacings ..... then you are stuffing the guts of your forks up and they'll wear out LONG before their time ... that set up could most definitely make the forks suffer from "stiction" ! Even IF the spacing is right ..... you only have to over tighten the axle and crush the spacers into the fork feet to put it out of whack ....... Why do people think they have the slits in the fork legs and the twin allen head screws on either side ? They're not there for ornamental value that's for sure ...... :p Even the forks on the DHZ Monster bikes have the axle set up the same way as the AS-01's .....

I've explained how the wrong type of axles are used for AS-02's in a thread ages ago .......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back