Atomik 125 Moto X review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
Hey guys, i havent seen many revieews on this bike, mainly the nitrous, reign and bigfoot, etc. so i have decided to do a review of it. its my first review, so dont be too critical, but im open to constructive criticism. so here we go
engine and transmission:
in my ipinion, the engine is the best part of the bike. the engine is a ducar, sometimes called a gen 2 'shineray', i was told, and although its not the fastest engine, i think it is quite underrated, as far as longevity and value for money goes. the transmission i have had some troubles with, but nothing a little adjustment and the right oil will fix.

Suspension and brakes:
there is only one word to describe the suspension on these bikes. BAD. the front forks offer no adjustment at all, and compared to the other bikes atomik is putting out now, it has the least travel. the chrome-hardening on them is bad, so unless u ride it every day, rust will start to populate your forks. the rear shock is terrible, offering only hard/soft adjustments. there is also no mudgaurd for the rear shock, so it eventually rusts and leaks, and bends....The brakes on the other hand are pretty decent. the back is a single piston caliper, which stopped me fine, but the piston did rust, and pop out after a while, so i had no rear brake. the front brake still works to this day, it is a twin piston caliper, and i found if your good at bleeding and get the right pads, its perfect. its not too grabby, it just pulls you up nice and smooth.

Frame and swingarm:
The frame is pretty average, im pretty sure its based on a honda frame? not sure. the welds on mine were pretty bad, but it has held up well throughout the years. in saying this i must confess, i dont really jump it, so im not really all that sure of its strength. the swingarm, i have had no problems with, but like i said before, i dont do jumps.

Controls, handlebars:

the bars are pretty low quality, i would suggest pro taper xr se, or watever there called. the levers arnt that good, they loosen off pretty quick, but i have only snapped the clutch lever once since owning it, and i've dropped it a few times. the grips i quite liked, but after a while they started to perish, but probably because i got a bit of fuel on em.

Wheels and tyres:

the wheels are not that bad. i've ridden this thing pretty hard and havnt buckled or dinted them or anything like that. the tyre lasted quite a while for me, although now i need a new back tyre, but the front still seems to be ok.

Chain and sprockets:

the chain and sprockets on this bike are the really big down fall. the chain stretched prettyy much straight away, and the sprockets strted to bend with the chain. i just recently got a new set of chain and sprockets, so that was fixed, but now i think i hate chains....haha.

So this concludes my review of the atomik moto x. it was a little long, but i hope i covered everything you fellas need to know. feel free to aske me any questions on the bike, and i'll try and get some pics up soon.
cheers,
jack

well reading that, i forgot to do an overall rating.
overall rating 4/10. the bike has been good to learn on, but let downs such as the suspension and sprockets really wreck this bikes rep. i would reccomend this bike to people looking for cheap enjoyment, that arer mechanically minded, as things will come loose and brake, just part of owning a chinese bike i suppose :)
cheers,
jack

yeah, had a 70 motox great thing for the price you can get them for.. but thats about it i would go a nitrous to go anyday unless your not serious and just want to cruze around and do beer runs

yeah, there 0ok i guess. im looking to get new suspension, but dont hav very deep pockets, so my options are limited. what are nitrous usd forks like?

yeah, there 0ok i guess. im looking to get new suspension, but dont hav very deep pockets, so my options are limited. what are nitrous usd forks like?
Nothing special really, but they fell nicer than the normal forks that you have on your bike for a long shot..
remember you would need a new tripple clamp also to fit them... maybe unless you can get a used set of forks in the wtb section then it may be cheaper to buy a blown engined nitrous and raid it for parts or just chuck your engine in it

yeah, everything about the nitrouses is better then the moto x. i really want a yx160, but like i said, dont have very deep pockets. i was looking at a gpx 125 for a while, but now i've decidied i want a 160. and is there much diff between the yx160 and the 155z (or 160 HO)?

yeah, everything about the nitrouses is better then the moto x. i really want a yx160, but like i said, dont have very deep pockets. i was looking at a gpx 125 for a while, but now i've decidied i want a 160. and is there much diff between the yx160 and the 155z (or 160 HO)?
the zongshens have a better clutch (6plate) and different head (no difference in valve size or port work really) run weaker valve springs also (so i hear) the 155 has a shorter stroke, i have one and i like it so far... if i were you and plan on upgrading i would go for a 160ho or a 155 if the price is decent.. im pretty sure they have better gear ratios compared to the yx's wide spaced ones..
i may even be selling one (if i end up with enough funds) for around 600 with tb head + stock

sounds llike the 160 ho is the go. i've seen some on ebay new for 600, is this cheap?

sounds llike the 160 ho is the go. i've seen some on ebay new for 600, is this cheap?
Thats normal new, usually there is not really a advantage getting one for that price.. maybe keeping a eye out for when atomik puts out a atomik 160 and then picking the bike up for around 800 or a second hand for about 400 thats when you can get one for that price, there around but not very common

yeah, im not really sure what im gettin, all this info is confusin me, haha. but im not sure if i wanna keep doing the whole minibike thing, or get a full size bike...who knows, lol

yeah i feel that way to, but really after i spend 2k or somewhere around there with a anima and a good frame and forks whatnot it will cost me 50 bucks a piston every now and again not much in fuel and you get seriously better at riding the big bikes

yea, the bigger the bike the more skill involved to ride imo. im lookin at a atomik blitz, i read a review by thump140 and decided it was best 4 me.

Latest posts

Back