Atomik 125cc Reign

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redja

Reaction score
Hey guys, before i start i just want to let you know i know next to nothing about motorbikes so bare with me. I bought an atomik reign 125 pretty recently just to muck around on and it idles fine when im in neutral but once i go into gear the bike always moves like i can't be in first gear an stay completely still and when i break and comepletly stop my bike just dies. Once again sorry about my horible knowledge about motor bikes.

it'll most likely be a manual, iirc the reigns, nitrouses and fuses all come with lifan engines, with the exception of the 140cc,160cc zhongshen and YX engines.

are you pulling your clutch in when starting off ? if not it can cause the problem your having. although i couldnt really understand what you meant. if you are pulling your clutch in and the bike moves in first gear still, it will most likely need adjustment. on both my atomik bikes (my 125 mini, and 250 fullsize) the clutch cable bneeded adjustment. i was able to adjust it out on the bars. you should be too. on the clutch lever, where the cable leads out, you will find a screw/bolt. it will most likely be turned all the way in, scew it out about 4-5 full turns. this should allow your clutch to engage properly. just a word of warning though, you dont want to adjust it out too far, it will make your clutch engaged all the time (although not fully), and that will put excess wear on your clutch plate(s) wich will be a major headache.

Yeah its a manual and are you saying i am meant to be holding in the clutch whilst i break?

Oh hahahah i feel so stupid. So do i pull the clutch and break in at the exact same time? And also do you think doing this for about 2 hours of ride time would of made any problems with anything on my bike? Thanks for the help!

well, if your clutch is not adjusted properly , it could have caused some wear on the dogs on the gears, and some clutch damage aswell...

Mmm, well should i twist the screw on the clutch lever a bit looser or is there someway i can check if that needs to be done?

you should have a couple of mm's movement at the clutch lever, before it starts to engage the clutch.

if you loosen the locking nut on the adjuster, then turn the main threaded adjust out (anticlockwise, looking towards the end of the handlebar)
try the lever a couple of times, and adjust it up till it has 2-3mm bit of free play.

when you want to slow down, just back off the throttle, the engine revs will drop and help slow you down, and use the brakes too.
then if you are wanting to stop, then pull the clutch lever in.
select neutral if you want to sit for a minute or so, then you cane let the clutch lever out, and the engine will idle.
when you are ready to take off again, pull the clutch in, select 1st gear, then slowly let the clutch out and you are away again.

stopping without the clutch pulled in will labour the engine a bit, but shouldn't have done too much damage

also should add, try to have the revs as low as possible when putting it into 1st. at high revs you will be greeted with an awful sounding Clunk! as it clicks into gear. where in, at lower revs, its hardly noticable

Latest posts

Back