Atomik 150/160 engine cases

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok we been wondering for a long time is the yx150 and 160 used in atomiks are running the updated bearings etc. so today I FINALLY got off my fat ass and had a look inside.....

Turns out they DO run up to date engines! \
So that makes the nitrous EVEN BETTER value for money! If it was ever possible lol ;)

Atomik 150160 engine cases 01.jpg

SWEEEET! I just got my 160 Nitro. Good to know they are up to date. Lookin forward to slowly buildin it up.
Cheers for all your advice DvDRip.

oldhack

Yeah! go the Atomik, I have the 160cc bigfoot and apart from a cdi that cost $6 to replace this big was cracking value for $700. Now I am fitting full DNM suspension so that it not only goes hard but will able to take the air as well...all for less that $1500

Yeah! go the Atomik, I have the 160cc bigfoot and apart from a cdi that cost $6 to replace this big was cracking value for $700. Now I am fitting full DNM suspension so that it not only goes hard but will able to take the air as well...all for less that $1500

Hey mate let me know how you go with the suspension upgrades. I would be interested to hear your opinion and what you end up fitting to it.
oldhack.

oldhack keep an eye on my nitrous build... it's gonna hve all the essential mods and not much useless stuff, so pretty much everything I do to this bike that isn't stock is going to be a must have mod..... I'm getting my fork upgrade for around $325 and using a fastace shock that can be had for $100.....
only thing off the top of my head that I'm adding to the bike that isn't needed is the alloy rims.... so yea once the build is complete the thread should be a complete guide to modding the nitrous ;)
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibi...s-150-build-how-get-most-out-ebay-junker.html

Mod faster Rip, I need some reading material... at this rate I'll end up reading a book :p

I'm waiting for my forks to be custom built by a bunch of underpaid chinamen so might be a few weeks before the fun begins

foook that they should appreciate the 50c a day, free rice and getting to live at the factory for free (against their will) hehe... If you ask me they're getting too much already :p

Dido Rip, my gear is coming out from China. I have a set of DNM 735mm M-200 up front and the DNM 310mm HRC on the rear, all fully adjustable rebound etc. Should be here in about 2 weeks. I will be keen to hear about your upgrades.... you can never have too much power :)

Dido Rip, my gear is coming out from China. I have a set of DNM 735mm M-200 up front and the DNM 310mm HRC on the rear, all fully adjustable rebound etc. Should be here in about 2 weeks. I will be keen to hear about your upgrades.... you can never have too much power :)

310mm shock?
dont ya think thats a bit big

Yeah I checked with the tech gurus here and re-measured it at least 3 times and centre of eye to eye was smack on 310mm

yea 310 sounds fuken extreme... have you actually found a shock for it yet?

oldhack keep an eye on my nitrous build... it's gonna hve all the essential mods and not much useless stuff, so pretty much everything I do to this bike that isn't stock is going to be a must have mod..... I'm getting my fork upgrade for around $325 and using a fastace shock that can be had for $100.....
only thing off the top of my head that I'm adding to the bike that isn't needed is the alloy rims.... so yea once the build is complete the thread should be a complete guide to modding the nitrous ;)
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibi...s-150-build-how-get-most-out-ebay-junker.html

Sounds sweet DvDRip! I will watch your thread with interest.

Latest posts

Back