Atomik AGB-21H 2006

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dust

Reaction score
This is the bike that i currently own and ride. I have the 4spd semi auto model. Ive found it to be a great reliable little bike. Ive done several little bits and pieces to mine over the time ive had it to make it that little bit better. I ditched the stock bars in it for some nice high rise Renthal bars, i changed the gearing to a smaller 37t rear sprocket, origianlly a 43 i think, put some nice Bridgestone tyres on it, 1/4 turn alloy throttle and thats pretty well it as far as parts go, apart from small details like grips.

Ive had to replace the spokes both front and rear as they all started to break. I think this might have been brought on by me applying loctite to the spoke nipples when i first got the bike.

The motor has been fine and have never had issues with anything. Ive only changed the oil twice in the 18 months ive had it. Clean the airfilter regularly, i just recently put a new one on.

Youve constantly got to keep an eye out for things coming loose but that has to be expected and isnt that hard to keep on top of. Just things like the swingarm pivots and other assorted nuts and bolts. Some that have come loose i have replaced with better quality items.

My rear shock just recently blew out but i easilly managed to pull it all apart and clean it up and reassemble it no problem. Probably the only reason it came apart was because i didnt keep a close enough eye on it.

On small thing that helped lots was to bend the kickstarter arm so that it contours back around in toward the engine and the exhaust. I did this by taking it off the bike and putting it in a vise and simply using a piece of pole to bend it where i wanted. Very easy. After doing so it keeps the starter away from the back of your calf and your shorts, so much better.

So thats pretty well it, all in all a bit of backyard engineering and a few little bits and pieces here and there and its perfectly good.

This is a good review but its not in the right format/layout, read the rules on how to use this section. ;)

Instead of bending the kickstart, I just took it of and moved it round a few teeth.

Im pretty sure it was on the to do list. lol.

Latest posts

Back