Atomik Bigfoot question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinlessTrog

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to buy an atomik reign bigfoot, and when i get it I will be wanting to do some jumps on it. So i was wondering will i have to:

a) Keep the stock forks and change the fork oil/ rear shock oil?
b) buy whole new forks (probs DNM or fast ace)?
c) buy whole new forks AND a new rear shock?

the jumps i will be doing are motocross sized if that helps.

Thanks.

It's a fair bit of money to shell out straight away on a pretty ordinary bike.
If its a bike you have your heart set on just ride it as it is until stuff breaks.

It's a fair bit of money to shell out straight away on a pretty ordinary bike.
If its a bike you have your heart set on just ride it as it is until stuff breaks.

+1 to this... by the time you spend the money upgrading it you could buy a comp bike that is closer to what you want for what you want...

The bike in that video is actually a TDR sheet box that are known to break frames

I have not heard of the bigfoot's breaking but anything is possible?

haha yeah thumpinoz you are right, its just that i love that video, and saw another excuse to post it. I laugh so hard every time i watch it.

Atomik Bigfoot Reign 140

Hi Guys (and Girls) Just bought an Atomik Bigfoot Reign 140 for my kids. Cannot believe the quality for the money ($510 on eBay). Twin exhausts, Disc front and Rear, USD Forks and a 140cc 4-Stroke motor with a quality design is incredible for the money. I have been riding Road and Dirt bikes for 30 years and have owned everything from an RG 250, a few Katana's, XR600, TTR350, GSXR600, Triumph 955i etc. I was a little nervous at buying a Chinese Mini, so I did a fair bit of research ( even on this site ) before making the purchase. Before the kids climbed aboard I changed out all the bolts I could get to for quality stainless and Hi. Ten. fastners ( Total $29.00 inc. Loctite Medium). The controls feel a little cheap, but for the money live with it. The bottom end torque this thing has is awesome for a "mini" bike even when my 90kg backside is onboard. Starts first kick 9/10 times ( even out of the crate!! ).

The Pros. Great entry level equipment (USD Forks, Brakes etc.) value for money, size of frame and wheels (17 front x 14 rear), easy to learn to ride with thumping bottom end and very pleasing to the eye (and ear), and an huge aftermarket supply of well priced spares, upgrades and bling.

The Cons. Gearbox is almost wide ratio making you rev it before changing up. Quality of fastners (4 Nylocs on the whole bike!!). Controls could be better. Thats it.

I'm a "picky" consumer, so to come away from a purchase that you cannot stop smiling about is great. And most of all the Kids love it.

Take a look at the Chinese Mini market before buying your kids a first bike, you will be miles ahead. Hope this is of some help to fathers out there not sure what to buy. Enjoy

Good to hear you are happy with it, I have not read much about the Atomik Reign so they might be a good buy according to your review, Especially if they are bought for around the price you paid, I dont think they are worth over $1000 though

Post up some pics!

i have one and very happy with it lots of power. . change the handle bar to pro taper, rk chain, alloy shifter,fork oil change to mutol 5w,rim lock to the rear and a 1/4 turn throttle.

I got a very similar bike to that (Atomik nitrous Mid size) but don't have the problem you say with the gear box ratio's, could cause of the size wheels I guess. Or maybe cause its a 160cc, which makes think if any fathers want a bike for their kids who have already done a little riding then get a 160 for a bit more fun.

Other than most of the others that have posted here... i own a atomik reign bigfoot (the 150cc varient when they were running lifans i think you may have the yx 140)

my bike has had years of bashing and the 1st hard ride (other than going around the back yard) was at a mx track (the mid size one at frankston) with myself (around 65-75kg and my mate that was 120kg) we both went pretty hard on the bike and had no issues what so ever..
the only problem i have had is the bushes on the rear shocker are crap ( i know this happens to quite a few of these models because i used to work in a shop that handles alot of them) other than that there quite a good design and a blast to ride imo...
here is mine after i decided to convert it to supermotard (after a long period of bashing)
02092012051-1024x768.jpg

also one note i should leave with anyone who owns or is thinking of buying one is to get one is to get some locktite there are a couple of allen bolts that are on the frame that are not the most fun to tighten every now and again (you have to remove the exhaust to get to one of them)

Latest posts

Back