ATOMIK HUMMER 250 PROBLEMS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hq mick

Reaction score
hi guys im new here just looking for a little bit of help

i just brought a 250cc hummer dirt bike when i brought it it was a mess the wiring had been chopped and plastics all broken since then i have put new plastics and replaced all wiring including the magneto coil plug kill switch every peace of the electrical system now i have spark the kill switch is working as is the key iv cleaned the carby water tested the float adjusted the valves but it still wont start ??? it cranks over and and sounds like it wants to start it puffs smoke out of the exhaust like its starting but will not run or fire up? any ideas ??? i brought the bike for my son for xmas and need it running bey then if possible?

also there is a plug with 6 wires just behind the magneto i dont know what it is?

please help

plug.jpgplug2.jpgplug3.jpgplug4.jpg

this is the plug i havent tryid raising the needle its sitting on the middle notch at the moment

also mixture i set again 1 1/2 turns out and yes tryid turning the idle up
sorry about my selling

Carby setting's sound good, so it should fire.
When you cleaned out the carby did you check the hole's across the pilot jet are open?
Also where the pilot jet screw's into the base of the carby, at the bottom of the thread's in the carb there will be a small hole that goes through into the main bore of the carby, is that hole open ?

I haven't been able to find anything on that extra plug, does the bike have a speedo with a neutral light on it ?

yes cleaned every bit of the carb can see light through all the holes and no no speedo or neutral light?
got me stumped

[video=youtube;eVeygfEJ4a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVeygfEJ4a0[/video]

So that wiring from below the front sprocket is it not connected at all?
How many and what colour wire's are there ?

Have you had the spark plug out and connected to the ignition coil lead with the thread's of the spark plug earthed out on the head, and seen the white spark's at the tip when cranking it over ?

Is the tip of the spark plug wet when you first pull it out after trying to start it ?

Can you hear compression coming out the muffler when you are cranking it ?

Have you tried squirting some petrol into the carby while cranking it over to see if it fire's then ?

no not conected at all there are 6 wires there yellow with white,blue with red,yellow with red,pink,light green with red,and dark green with black

yes tested plug on the frame it had a small spark but i gapped the plug now it has heaps of spark

when i remove the plug its black and smells of petrol but not very wet

i can here compression coming from the muffler and also with hand over the carb while cranking its sucking well

and yes i tryid spraying petrol and aero start in the carb but no diffrence also tryid putting i little fuel in the cyclender but still no chainge

very occasionaly i get a very small backfire but thats very rarely and small

again sorry for the spelling and sorry to keep hassling you just dont know what ells to try

Ok, i'm pretty sure that wiring ( 6x wire's) is all for a gear position indicator light, and a neutral light, most of the time they aren't connected so just leave it for the moment.

You need to test the spark plug earthed out to the engine, sometime's the earth from engine to frame isn't good so you'll get a weak/erratic spark.
Can you post a link to the new stator you fitted ?
And post a pic of the old and the new CDI ?

Did your hand get wet with petrol when kicking it over and blocking off the carby intake ?

If it's got fuel, spark and compression it should run

Hey, 6 years later hahah, But i have the same problem as this guy ^ Bike does not want to start. It cracks but doesnt want to turn over

Latest posts

Back