Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhh so is urs electric start? im getting a pitpro so its not electric start which means it doesnt have the electrics. i could prob just wire it up with a battery and a switch so it works tho

You could. But you'd need an alternator and regulator to charge the battery otherwise it will just go flat.

this is true, but it might be enough to get rec reg, and really, who uses lights?

Looks like an enduro bike... I need a fn digital camera so I can post mine. Looks awesome! (though I am heavily biased after my work :).

I was running at 20PSI.... the bike shops immediately said on the phone that the pitt bikes need rim locks?? Anyone else had problems?? I'm sick of buying tubes!!

I'll put it on 24 PSI next time though, hopefully will make a difference.

I picked up my wheels today after getting rim locks installed. The tyre guy at the bike shopped said I should have 15psi in the tyres.

Here are a couple of pictures of my bike. It has a recreational registration.
Only managed to borrow a digital camera yesterday.

SIDE REC. REGO AGB
Registered2.jpg

FRONT LIGHTS REC REGO AGB
Registered.jpg

-Hope you dont mind skintag9, but i saved them and have tagged them so they loaded like this for members to see straight away rather than having to view attatchments. Let me know if its a hassel or you want it changed back.
Foolsp33d[/I]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good, where did you get the lights from? How much were they again?

Front light was $60 from Mick Hone motorcycles.

Rear light I bought off ebay for under 10 bucks (around 7 I think).

Last edited:
looks pretty sik. did u wire it up so that ur rear brake turns the brake light on or did u just not worry bout it? did they check it? if u did howd u do it?

also does any1 have a wiring diagram for the lifan motors?

looks pretty sik. did u wire it up so that ur rear brake turns the brake light on or did u just not worry bout it? did they check it? if u did howd u do it?

also does any1 have a wiring diagram for the lifan motors?

Yep I wired it up so the rear break turns the brake light on. This is just an extra circuit with a brake switch that I bought for $15. (ie. identical circuit setup as with the front brake switch).I used cable ties to join the switch and the break lever because I couldn't get the spring to activate the lights properly.

Vicroads didn't check the bike over properly. But I would set it up right because you never know what they will/won't check and it is easier to just do it right and be done with it.

it looks funny but it looks good lolz:) well down weres ya bash plate??

hehe I suppose it does look funny! But it's original and none like it :)
Some bikers I met on Sunday in a state forest (Gembrook) thought it was cool!

I took my bash plate off. I reckon my Ducar is tough enough!! :)
I also took the inside components of the electric starter off because I don't use it (minor weight saving). My electric start switch is now my horn switch.

lolz horn thats sik as lolz at the track ppl get it ya way just honk them

Yeah some stupid biatch (yes a Girl on a big CR something) ran me off the track at broadmeadows on Sunday. Forgot to use the horn though :(

Skintag9.. Your bike looks unreal! Your posts are a great help, I have a Thumpstar Pro and I want to get rec reg.. Wasnt sure if I could actually get it for my bike.
You said that a couple of the things (horn/rear light) were off ebay, would u mind telling me the seller u got them from??
Thanks in advance..

Skintag9.. Your bike looks unreal! Your posts are a great help, I have a Thumpstar Pro and I want to get rec reg.. Wasnt sure if I could actually get it for my bike.
You said that a couple of the things (horn/rear light) were off ebay, would u mind telling me the seller u got them from??
Thanks in advance..

Hey,

I can't remember the sellers, but if you search for "motorcycle horn" / "motorcycle tail light" etc. you will be able to see what's available.

Just make sure you get 12v (assuming you run 12v battery).

keep up the good work skintag, am presuming you are a 'traveler' as gembrook to broady is a nice hike ;)

will be trying to organise a group ride day sometime in the next few months, possibly out to toolangi, Dissa, kinglake or the likes.. any chance you still have the Digi cam handy?? a pic of exactly what you mean about your rear brake light setup, the switch idea(cable ties) would be handy so people know exactly just what work is involved...
Foolsp33d

keep up the good work skintag, am presuming you are a 'traveler' as gembrook to broady is a nice hike ;)

will be trying to organise a group ride day sometime in the next few months, possibly out to toolangi, Dissa, kinglake or the likes.. any chance you still have the Digi cam handy?? a pic of exactly what you mean about your rear brake light setup, the switch idea(cable ties) would be handy so people know exactly just what work is involved...
Foolsp33d

Hey Foolsp33d,

Yeah I had a bit of travelling on the weekend - but it was all good fun!

I've actually got a shot of the break setup I think. I'll post it up by tommorrow. PM me if you want a fellow biker for your ride day. I need some riding buddies as all my mates are not into bikes.

Latest posts

Back