Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wots and IRK? a different stator or sumthing. there should be stacks of volts coming off the stator. but itl be AC voltage. just put a multi meter on the wires going to ur coil.

how many wires u got coming out ur engine?

inner rotor kit... you end up with only 2 wires comming out of the engine, white for ignition signal and black for power (frame for earth).... i could put a rec/reg on it i guess, just worried it might not be able to supply enough current for the coil and two lights aswell... the stator in an IRK is tiny compared to the stocky

yeh prob wouldnt put out enuf. if u can get hold of a 12v or maybe even 6V bike battery and just wire everything up with a switch or even to ur kill switch i reckon it would be fine. it doesnt sound like they really check all that much and they def arent gunna pull out a multi meter and do tests on stuff! lol
just make a little bracket for a battery and hide it somewhere. still waiting to hear bout the VIN stuff. my mate (wombat) is workin on that

FINALLY spoke to someone at Vic Roads with a ears that actually listened to what i was asking, Only took a week!! Anyway , as i thought them needing the vin number coming up on the computer and all this import aproval crap was all just a waste of my time, as long as you put all the lights and horn and mirror on, book it in for the inspection. Ive booked in and will let you know how it goes. 2 week wait for inspection though.

Lol, good old vic roads.. lol. Bastards! Any one Not conisdering getting rec rego want to pull the front brake light switch off and post it to me please!?!

Hey All, Had the inspection on my bike at vic roads and passed no worries. They didn't even get me to start it and show them that it all worked. Now i can go bush with no worries about getting a fine.

i have my lights running off the engine. ive got a pitpro 125 and all u need to get is a voltage rectifier that plugs into the spare wires coming out ur engine. it turns the 40~V into DC12V so u can use it for lights and stuff. altho mine only seems to put out 7V for sum reason. might be my dodgy wiring lol

i just bought the same bike and want to get rec rego, where did you get the voltage rectifier and how does it work, any other info on your setup would be much appreciated

ok well i bought a reg kit today havent installed everything yet, i still need to get a horn and a voltage regulator or rectifier or what ever its called.

i got mine off ebay for bout $15 plus postage. wot its supposed to do is change the AC voltage that comes off ur stator into DC 12V but mine doesnt seem to do that. ive been real slack these last 2 weeks when was supposed to be getting reg coz i hurt my back so next week i will set mine up and post pics and wiring diagrams and stuff.

ok well i bought a reg kit today havent installed everything yet, i still need to get a horn and a voltage regulator or rectifier or what ever its called.

where u buy the reg kit from and wot do u get?

How does it work and what will it run and do i still need a battery?

it should run everything and you shouldnt need a battery but its supposed to charge the battery aswell if u have it set up right. wot sorta bike u got?

i got mine off ebay for bout $15 plus postage. wot its supposed to do is change the AC voltage that comes off ur stator into DC 12V but mine doesnt seem to do that. ive been real slack these last 2 weeks when was supposed to be getting reg coz i hurt my back so next week i will set mine up and post pics and wiring diagrams and stuff.

where u buy the reg kit from and wot do u get?

it should run everything and you shouldnt need a battery but its supposed to charge the battery aswell if u have it set up right. wot sorta bike u got?

i have a pitpro 125 that is from city motorbikes in ferntreegully and that is where the reg kit is from. the kit came with:
front headlight, enduro style
reat brake/tail/numberplate light assembly with numberplate holder
full wiring loom
mirror

bought a voltage regulator the other day waiting for it to get posted
just need horn and ill start putting it all together ill post pics when im done

how much did u pay for the kit?

i have a pitpro 125 that is from city motorbikes in ferntreegully and that is where the reg kit is from. the kit came with:
front headlight, enduro style
reat brake/tail/numberplate light assembly with numberplate holder
full wiring loom
mirror

bought a voltage regulator the other day waiting for it to get posted
just need horn and ill start putting it all together ill post pics when im done

the kit was 250, it wpuld have been cheaper if i made the loom myself, but i didnt have the time

struth thats flammin expensive!! the kit weve made cost bout $40. but we havent made ours to keep really. just borrowing parts

got my rego last week, was piss easy, i didnt even have to start the bike, the bloke just checked to see if the vin and engine numbers matched the ones on my receipt and looked too see if everything was there and that was it

got my rego last week, was piss easy, i didnt even have to start the bike, the bloke just checked to see if the vin and engine numbers matched the ones on my receipt and looked too see if everything was there and that was it

250 is alot cheaper than 2k! good work on the Rec Rego.. throw some pics up to inspire the others if you would please! :D

Latest posts

Back