Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys just brought a pitpro 125le just wanting to know where to get the rec reg kit like the one in the above picture... i am sure that this has been asked a million times. also when fitting like a cf50 voltage rectifier in for example do you also install a small battery ?
cheers nick

its all done got the rec reg done yestie no probs didint even start the bike nor show the fat bitch that the lights work!

hi guys, first time poster, I have just bought a unregistered Trailbike and want to get Rec reg. I am wondering what costs are involved at vicroads assuming the bike is set up correctly

Dazz

About $120 which covers inspection fee, number plate, and 1 year rec reg, then $60 a year for reg after that

There is a group of us all with Atomik's 2 Kuda pro, 2 links 1 hummer and 9 70cc's we have rec reg all the 250's and i have rec reg my sons 70cc no problems vic roads were great the cops suggested rec reg for my sons bike to reduce the fine if caught

seriously if u have a good bike u should be able to outrun park rangers in cops lol and plus there isnt many of them so u should be okay

hey guys, quick question. Does it matter what type or where the switch is for you lights? the handle bar style switches that are found on road bikes are a bit expensive, i was just going to install any switch.

E.O.I Trailride for Rec.Reg. bikes

Anyone interested in a day ride in state forest 1 hour from eastern suburbs? Possibly in April/ May. 60 to 80 km. For rec rego. bikes only. Prefer you to be licenced but ride at own risk if not. looking at interest and feedback at this stage.

to all the guys and gals who are looking to fit a rec reg kit to there bikes, a little handy hint (if u can acess it ) is to borow a manual from a honda postiebike, xl/xr series bike depending on what u are attempting to wore up. ( i just fitted a 250 zongshen upright into my old xl 250) the wiring diagrams in here seem to coincide very well to what i was working on and caused me very few headaches along the way, i had the wiring done in 2 short afternoons that included all factory wiring being mated to the chinese loom. where they come out of the stator or whatever its called ( im far from good with wiring btw) with a test light , solder and a good quality tape it worked a treat, my bike i doubt will qualify for rec reg but has turned out well better than planned. i will help any1 if i can with my very very limited expierience and knowledge, happy riding guys n galz

Has anyone yet to get a kick start only going with the lights etc for victorian rec reg?

Yeah i got my atomik rec reg'd the other day.

Pull your left hand side gear/stator cover off. Have a look at the wiring comming out of it, if it has yellow and white, just buy a Regulator from Dhz or jr or ebay for like $10. If you dont have white and yellow accessory wires, you will have to buy or rewire ur megneto.

if u want a wiring schematic theres heaps around or i can draw one up if you really want.

Last edited:
God! Been on hold for about 20minutes now while we go through all this "VIN not on the system" and "import approval document" bull****.
Someone should write a bloody memo

ok, half an hour on hold and my appointment is booked. The only thing I am concerned about is the chain guard. Vic roads says:
"a chain guard that protects the rider from the front chain sprocket"

Does that mean you don't have to cover the full length of the chain like on the road and just the front sprocket? Does anyone have a solution for one for a pit bike?

Just a chain guide? A guy earlier in this thread said it needs to cover the top of the chain, and also high/low beam. But I see no mention of that on vic rads website.

Minimum Requirements
All recreation motorcycles must have:
a rear vision mirror fitted to the right hand side
brakes fitted to both wheels, capable of working independently if one brake fails
one head lamp
one rear red tail lamp
one rear red brake lamp
one rear white number plate lamp
a silencing device which restricts the noise level to 94 dBA or less
an appropriate horn or warning device
a chain guard that protects the rider from the front chain sprocket

IMPORTANT
All lighting used must be of a type intended for use on motorcycles.
A "total loss system" power source for the lighting is not acceptable.
If a battery is fitted to the motorcycle, an integrated charging system, such as an alternator, is required.
Magneto driving lights are acceptable if a battery is not fitted.

Recreational motorcycle registration : VicRoads

as long as the engine side cover covers the front sprocket you are fine, and you dont need high \ low beam, led's are fine even

Latest posts

Back