Atomik motocross getting recreation registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
I was wondering if its possible to register a Atomik /orion "06" dirt bike. If you hook up front light, tail light, indercatiors and all that stuff i cant see why not. If any one knows or if they have tried to register a bike and failed then let me know.

they are not made to road legal standards, if they were u would have got legal documents with it. I know in some states in the USA they can register them but they have to be checked and have a full road kit, lights, indicators, horn, number plate etc.

ever heard of a compliance plate??? jap cars eg 180s and skylines need them to get ozzy rego...
To get a pitty engineered for the road, with all the associated legal shit that goes with it, and complianced you could buy a good 2nd hand wrf250 or xr250 .

As for riddin one on the road you ever ridin a normal motor bike in traffic? cars really dont seem to watch for riders and on somethin the size of a pitbike id say youd want some pretty healthy life insurance.......

i rang up atomik and theres kits for theses bike that you can get to make them legal to use in side streets neighbough hoods... etc..

Sorry Franky but Atomic have misinformed you...

To use these on any public roads they have to be registered.... to register any vehicle that doesn't have a compliance plate it must be Certified by an engineer, who has to certify that it meets the Australian Standards and so on....

This costs lots of money and I guarentee there isn't an engineer in Australia that would certify one of these bikes.... (even if it had lights/road legal tyres/ and so on)

it would be very dangerous people dont even look out for people who ride full size motor bikes imagine riding something half the size.

Hey all,

For the last few weeks I've spent my weekends wiring up lights so I can get a recreational registration.

Good news is that after lots of frustration and being a novice/retard at soldering, it is nearly complete!! I will post pics of my bike when I have everything completed everything (currently my battery is flat).

Things added, and prices include:

Front headlight - $60 new from bike shop (makes my bike look wicked I think)
Rear tail light switch - $15 new from bike shop
Rear tail light - new about $10 off ebay
Wire - <$5
Lots of butt joints (~$6) as I screwed up the wiring a few times.
Horn - About $15 bucks off ebay (in mail on way here from USA).
Switch to turn front light and tail light on - about $1.
Ultra shit "huffy" Mirror - from Kmart about $7 (might need to replace this because it is crap as).
Pack of cable ties - ~$2 from Kmart.

So just have to add the horn and my bike is complete.

Last edited:
eyy mate were bouts are u located and have you acually found out if u can get it done??

yeh all that stuff is easy but dont you have to have a compliance plate or anything coz im in melbourne and yeh was realli intreasted in gettin rec reg hav u checked with vic roads yet

ha ha
lolsignbc1.gif
we don't need anything for a rec licence here just a $27 fee
and they give ya a stupid over size plate that doen't fit anywhere on ya bike

Not sure if you can get rec reg in qld. Have to check with your roads authority as it might just be a victorian thing.

Divy - you could get the cbr rec registered. But you still need a bike license to ride a rec reg'd motorcycle legally. Rec reg means you can only ride it in certain places (ie. bush)

hey skintag9 have you actualy talked to vicroads about geting rec reg

whats a rec reg? so you can ride in the bush and stuff? y blinkers?

skintag on vicroads it says to ride a rec reg bike you have to have a l motorcycle licence or a licence to drive on the road an be over 18 an i have a licence to drive on the road so?? what can i ride a crb250 with rec reg on the road legally??
rec reg lets you ride on the road as long as its not in built up areas an your not alloud on any road that is 100km/h

Latest posts

Back