Atomik Motox 125cc 2007

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Model: Motox

Make: Atomik

Year: 2007

Specs:
125cc Ducar Electric start
4 speed manual clutch
Non USD Forks
90km max speed
12inch rear 14inch front
twin piston Brakes

Who this bike is for: This bike is great for someone who wants to learn how to fix there bike after every attempt to ride it.
Price: $650

Photo:

[Replies]: My experience with this bike was pretty shocking, problem after problem, as anyone who's had experience with one would tell you, steer clear of them some of the problems they have are

Weak frame
Never working electric start
Garbage swing arm
Non highrise seat
weak footbrake

ive also had one of these bikes.. and i can tell u i never had a prob with it. forks bottemed out all the time. shock works good gotta watch the valve does not pop out tho. frame was not to bad never bent or snaped it. front brake worked good. swingarm was not very good. ele start never worked so i ripped it out... thats all i got guys
i give this bike a 6 out of 10. hope i helped

Thanks for your onesty mate, it helps other members in the choosing of there bike CORRECTLY, not just opinionated because you once had the bike! Cheers mate.

I've owned one of these bikes since around December 06. So far the only thing that has broken is the throttle cable (which seems to happen on alot of bikes). The frame probably could be stronger and looks weaker than others. Forks are way to soft for my weight (~94kg) and bottom out all the time. Not sure if alot of other bikes would do this anyway. They can't be adjusted either. I am thinking of upgrading the forks but not sure if it's worth it. I've never used the electric start - as I pulled the inside out before even trying it, so can't comment on it's reliability but I can't see why it would be unreliable? I agree the footbreak is kinda crap, but I think the problem is in the lever - if you upgraded to a better lever it would be fine. The best thing for sure on this bike is the engine. The Ducar 125cc has gone hard since day one and hasn't missed a beat. I havn't ridden a Lifan so I can't compare, but I am definitely happy with the Ducar. Probably give the bike overall 6/10.

OK update after owning bike for 8 months:
Have snapped another throttle cable on my bike (was not from Atomik but generally these must be poor quality).
The rear shock fell apart whilst riding over some big bumps. Rear shock thread has been damaged. Will need to get new rear shock.
Engine has been dieing due to an electrical connection problem (which I think I have now resolved).

Update after 13 months ownership:
Frame has a crack in it on the rear shock mount.
Rear wheel dented.
Blowing a bit of smoke.
Bike is stuffed. Considering my weight and the abuse I have thrown at it, I suppose this was always going to happen.

Last edited:
Theses bikes can be good if proper care and preperation is taken. Just like all things, Apart from Foxico and MTB HA!

Hi
ive had one of these bikes for 5 months now. I have had no problems what so ever but saying that have not jumped it heaps high. I have purchased new pro taper bars, uni air filter, flat seat, clutch lever, grips and new plastics. I am very happy with it. Just wondering if anyone knows if the new atomik RS or Nitrous are any good
thanks

Yep, I've had both! The RS and I've currently got the nitrous.. They are both awesome!

my girlfriend has this bike. got primarily cause it was cheap with an electric start, kickstart bolt broke, elect start doesn't work first time but meant to kick start for warm up anyway, after short engine run its fine. hasnt got alot in it (guts) but is a smooth ride, great for beginners but not for jumps. front forks constantly bottom out when i am riding it, even when she is if any air is caught. rear break to tough for her weight, but for me it seemed fine, i mostly gear break though to use 2 road bike.

great put put bike, but not for jumps.

I hear ya about the front forks. My bro got one and they are extremely soft. We will change the oil to something a bit heavier. And we had no probs with the electric start. Worked like a charm. At least once we worked out you had to pull the front brake in for it to work! :) It was cheap too at $506.

hey i have one of those, got it in december last year.
some problems with it are;
- blows smoke
- shit forks
- non highrise seat (but that doesn't bother me)
- took me an hour to start it. but we re did the valves to its all good now

and thats about it...except for the battery keeps falling out lol.

7/10 imo

ducars mmm...i had the motox 6months back after my kx, and they arnt half bad in the take off, i was givin my mates lifan a go

but when it comes down to it, thier just to unreliable and have no torque

ohh did i mention every bolt imaginable snapped....my main swing arm rod snapped...leaving me with no thread, and no length to re thread it...and my starter motor burn its self out after the 4th day of having it

thier a good pitbike for the streets...thier not biult for anything else

Man maybe i am just lucky because i currently own 2 of these and i have mostly good things to say.

One of them i haven't had a single problem but the other had 2 probs worth mentioning one being the fuel cap had a little glue in the breather hole which actually stop the fuel flow but that was quickly sorted with some good detective work and the other was the cam shaft cover bolt snapped but we replaced it with a high tensile and we were off.

After this not a single prob with either and i couldn't be happier not mention i paid less than the guy that started this thread.

Paid $590 for the one i had no probs with and $550 for the one with.

Cheers

Good bike

Hey i currently own 1 of these bikes exept it is a orion. I have had only minor problems the motor is sweet on mine goes harder than all of my friends pro x's hammers. The only thing i have done to it is new throttle 1/4 turn, NGK spark plug, thumpstar syinthetic oil, grips and new fuel cap.
The only thing that was wrong that was the top of the carby was too loose and was sucking to much air and was flooding and also they didnt punch the holes all the way thrugh the fuel cap (thats chinese for ya:)).
So i would recamend for a good cheap bike i picked mine up for $500!!
Cheers Craig #21

can anyone give me some feedback about the RS model, im thinking of buying one, do they have better front forks?

ok just to reassert what i have said earlier! just because i went out riding on w\e wif g\f! hittin a small bump my g\f was complaing about the bash plate hitting into the front tyre i thort bs! played round with it! on way back it karked it lucky was to be back and just thort she'd stalled it! the next morning her fuel had leaked out! all due to the fuel lines disintegrating into nothing! fixed it using wat was still there but most just rubbed away!

the bike engine wise seemed to go alright but the shocks are stuffed and all the extras are just poor quality........small things like fuel lines, brake lines, handle bars, tha battery is pointless (would be easy to rec reg kit it tho)!

i have the atomik ax ( yer i know a shit bike) cost me 10 bucks more than the motox, and although the plastics dont fit to great on it, straight out of the box is well worth the extra money!

I Picked My Prox 125 Up For 700 And Aint Had Any Problems With It When It Comes Down To It They A Good Bike And Mine Flogs Off Me M8s Motover 110 He Gt A 125 Now But He Running It In Shld Be Good When He Done So We Can Race

my son has one inverted forks ect i think there ok battery stuffed rear brake thin frame 4 the very tame

I just bought one of these, took it out to black duck valley on the weekend and gave it a good beating, and i can say i was rather impressed!!!

Starts first go, kick or electric start.
hasnt bottomed out

very smooth ride and plenty of power kicked some of some of the other pit bikes out there.

8/10 :D

blows smoke?

any idea why it blows smoke? nothing to serious i hope, my bro has one and he's only 50kg and never rode so should he have better luck with the forks?

Latest posts

Back