Atomik nitrous 140cc review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYE

Reaction score
I bought the bike for $500 off some guy on gumtree with a flat back tyre.
So I fixed that and took it for a burn. It's so fast. And the acceleration is insane. Have had no problems (although I haven't had it for long). It's really fun to ride and has a lot of acceleration. The grips are comfy and so is the riding position (I'm not that tall) and the seat is comfy aswell. The suspension is nice and soft and the tyres have really good grip. The clutch is smooth and good to learn on. The bike starts first kick almost everytime if not first it'll start second I will ad to the review as I experience problems or encounter other things and after more thrashing and jumps and stuff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374740132.552518.jpg

Engine: Its an oil cooled 140cc Atomik YX engine. It has plenty of power, its kick start only which doesn't bother me because starts first kick almost every time. It's running a MOLKT carby which seems to do the job just fine. Also the guy I bought it off replaced the stock air filter with a UNI filter. And it has a it has a 32mm race pipe with a pro circuit style muffler and its nice and LOUD

8/10

Suspension: It has alloy USD's which feel nice and smooth and absorb the bumps nicely. It has a 1000lb nitrogen charged gas rear shock with adjustable preload which also absorbs the bumps really well and makes for a comfortable ride. I haven't jumped it very much yet but they both seem to hold up fine.

6/10

Tyres and brakes. The tyres have good tread with good grip on concrete and grass and dirt aswell. Seem to be good thick rubber as it was a prick to change the tube. The brake are single cylinder hydraulic breaks which pull the bike up quickly and are very smooth to apply (they don't lock up when u don't want them to)

5/10

Frame: As I said earlier it hasn't had much thrashing at all but its a SDG trellis chromoly frame with a cradle which is as far as I know quite strong

9/10

Overall bike I'd say is a 8/10. Very nice bike. I recommend it.

Last edited:
How is this a review? you just copied the specs.
Also if your over 6ft don't get one.

As you mentioned suspension is smooth and tyres have good grip, the tyres warn out very quickly and suspension is rock hard both are a 5/10

As you mentioned suspension is smooth and tyres have good grip, the tyres warn out very quickly and suspension is rock hard both are a 5/10

Ok I'll change them but I haven't had many bikes to compare

If you ride a Motovert, Pitster pro or something with good shocks then you will know why most people don't like the standard suspension.

good work on your review TYE, + reps
i'm glad you like the Nitrous 140, it is a good starting point, and quite a few here would agree.
thanks for your opinion

personally, i wouldn't have had a clue what to write, if i had to do a review,
and i'm sure i wont be reviewing anything, after seeing the flaming you have got.

cheers, craig

Yeah, my atomik is similar, and have had pretty good luck with it...
Forks & stock shock are absolute trash though.. throwaway items really.. You wont realize it until you get some decent suspension on there though...

personally, i wouldn't have had a clue what to write, if i had to do a review,
and i'm sure i wont be reviewing anything, after seeing the flaming you have got.

cheers, craig

Yea I reckon! I'm never posting a review again. I would have taken it down after the first 2 comments if I knew how to

The problem is what suits you may not suit others, good on ya for having a go, guys you gotta remember not everyone is a racer, some of us just want a play bike. My favorite bike I have ever owned is a 79 it175, hasn't got the best brakes, suspension or most power of any of my bikes but I get more smiles per hour on that than any of my bikes. I can ride it all day and still wanna keep going after my mates have had enough riding for the day.

Im no racer either.. mines just for fun.. but my comment about the suspension was more in regards to safety, rather than performance.. the stock stuff will fail at some point, as its just poorly built..
See this for backstory.. ha ha
http://www.miniriders.com/showthread.php?t=34037&p=362936#post362936

I almost forgot about that, and you almost pulled it off again with your new shocks....
ANYWAY, dyna is right about the shocks BUT in saying that my wife has the 125 version and evertyhing on that is stock, and never had a drama with it (touch wood) it's fine for her as she doesn't do 100000 miles an hour nor is she attempting 100ft gaps (maybe 3ft though :p ) Thanks for the write up TYE, was well written :)

I almost forgot about that, and you almost pulled it off again with your new shocks....
ANYWAY, dyna is right about the shocks BUT in saying that my wife has the 125 version and evertyhing on that is stock, and never had a drama with it (touch wood) it's fine for her as she doesn't do 100000 miles an hour nor is she attempting 100ft gaps (maybe 3ft though :p ) Thanks for the write up TYE, was well written :)

Thanks. Yea 3ft is my limit -_- dads rules

dont worry about what everyone else said mate. trhe suspension is average and the tires r bad. thats the only diff iu wud make. +reps on the review mate and dont be disheartened. just because a few ppl didnt like ur review, doesnt mean everone does! :)
cheers

Latest posts

Back