Atomik Nitrous 160cc (YX motor) 2010

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the fuse more so cause it is taller and has better handle bars

The Fuse will be a similar height to the Comp and it's bars are pure China rubbish :p

The Comp has decent suspension front/Back and a few other goodies that crap all over the Fuse... I do like the look of the frame on the Fuse, but the specs let it down heavily.

Just got mine last week, went through the usual check asll the bolts change fluids etc. One thing i did notice was the axles and rear shock mounts are dry so I removed all these and applied a bit of grease, probably not a neccesity but i'm sure it'll help in the long run, also managed to tear the foam straight of the rubber when trying to re-install the air-filter (now have a new Unifilter to go on for this weekend) After the first ride (bout 20mins) dropped the oil and refreshed, noticed that mine came with a magnetic sump plug to keep most of the nasties out. As far as the shocks go the rear seemed fine, although a little stiff, but the front.... well it might as well had no shocks at all (extremely stiff). I will be replacing the oil this weekend with some 5w and see how it goes then (P.S. I weigh in at 85Kg's)

Hey mate, I changed the fork oil on my bike to the old 5w and it is a worthy upgrade although I weigh in at 59kg lol

Glad to hear your liking it!
Carlton

Hey mate, I changed the fork oil on my bike to the old 5w and it is a worthy upgrade although I weigh in at 59kg lol

Glad to hear your liking it!
Carlton

It might be worth mixing up some 7.5 weight oil then. Ie, 50/50 mix of 5 and 10 weight :)

The shocks on the Nitrous' seem to be extremely variable, I weigh in at ~70kg and my shocks are close to spot on... It probably helps that it's being used on tarmac, but on the dry day I had it on the dirt it performed well.

cheers fellas, how much did you put in? from what i read i think i'd be aiming around the 185ml? but youre dead right on the variances, brought the wife a 125 nitrous at the end of last year (part of the reason i now own one, the other being my TE410 just died :( ) and her forks are nice an soft, which is great for her as she's only 50kgs :) but on mine it might as well be a reversed hard tail :)

Finally got to have a decent spin on it this weekend :) The thing flies (as far as mini's go....) Relaced the plug, polished the intake manifold (no port matching needed for carby end) and put the unifilter on and the thing runs like a dream. Mind you the first ride it seemed resonalby tame (maybe a bit to tame) and after clening it up when i got home i found it to have a loose bolt on the intake manifold (on the head side) but now all fixed :) HOWEVER the shocks are rubbish.... Running round a baby MX track and it was bottoming out over 4 foot jumps... (mind you it was a flat land...) but I still havn't checked the fork oil so b4 the next ride this is a must. Hopefully by the end of this week i will have recieved my new Lifan stator as well and see how much difference that makes (will update once installed :) ) Anyway here is one pic i got from the weekend (somewhere in the background is a CRF250R trying to catch me :) )bike1.jpg

Yep, Ive got me a Atomik Nitrous Mid Size YX 160... All i can add is check all the nuts and bolts before riding, and loctite all the important mounting bolts and ones you definately dont want to rattle out...
Lookout not to overtighten though, Ive snapped and stripped a few bolts already...
Brake fluid & fork oil can all definately benefit from a change too...
Check over bike and tighten after each ride and you will be fine, along with general maintenance...
Mines just stock, but it hauls.... dont need any more power.. hard enough to get the power down as it is!
Rear Tyre might as well be made of Cheese... knobbys are gone and can see canvas after 4 rides...
Other than that, really happy with it for the price paid...

bought myself a brand new nitrous midsize 125, ive got to change brake fluid on the weekend, got a set of TAG Bars for it once the cheap **** handle bars are bent lol.
For a beginner it does me fine ill change some things around later on.

Yeah I got the mid size nitrous as well and also ripped off the knobs on the tyre. Also check the bolts on the stand every now and then because mine fell off while riding.

Still havn't got the stickers but with a few little trick bits my now goes quite well, here is the latest pick
DSC08995.JPG

now contains DNM front end, GPX front brakes, PRO Taper 7/8ths Bars (still need to fit risers)+ grips, lifan/daytona ORK, 26mmOKO and port matched inlet to carby. Hopefully get some video up soon, got some footage over new years with the new HD Hero 2, just gotta work out how to upload now :)

Very nice. I was going to get the mid size version of this but then I got my DHZ dpro 160 at the very last minute. Both pretty much exactly the same. DHZ just has better customer service. But again, awesome bike andput some more vids up! :D

Reckon the DHZ should last a a bit longer... I had to keep mine on the cheap so the wife didn't have a hissy fit :) Then i "slowly" started adding the good bits :)

Latest posts

Back