Atomik Nitrous 160cc (YX motor) 2010

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thommo_1971

Reaction score
This is a first impressions review. I will follow up with a Vid maybe next weekend.
(Disclaimer: I am an old fart who used tto ride a lot and just getting back into it)

I git the bike last week, assembly was easy:
Clutch cable, Rear Shock, Handle bars , Brake lever, Front wheel.

Put some fuel in.... 3 kicks and...Woohoo it started...phew!

Straight away I could tell from the sound of the engine that it would go well.

Took it out Saturday to an old speedway track.

I could not believe how well it went, it spun the rear in the first 3 gears !
If I sat even slightly back the front wheel would come up as I accelerated.

In the middle of the flat track is a little twisty minibike track. Most fun I've had in years. I was sliding into corners and hitting the power through it and throwing huge roostertails of dirt everywhere.

THEN IT HAPPENED.... I got a little preoccupied and forgot to do some checking (I was warned!) and the 2 exhaust flange nuts fell off durnig a lap. So for the next hour I crawled around the track trying to find them. A mate found one and luckily in my toolbox I had another nut which fit the stud.

Anyway, appart from that the bike is flawless. I need to stiffen up the shocks a little since I have left them as they were out of the box.

I would recommend this bike to anyone.:coolthumb:

I'll attempt to get a video of it on the flat and on our MotoX track next weekend if I have time.

Glad your happy with it mate, But with those bikes you really have to set them up well, spend the time doing the spanner work and it'll pay off, hope you dropped the shipping oil (water), and ran her in properly.. if you stay on top of the maintenance etc you should have a nice little bike for a while, and when you get bored of it, start modding it.. i would start with genuine tapers, and an OKO26 even the carby change will change the whole way your bike performs, Then you'll want to change out that suspension.. Depending on if you want to start doing some jumps on the track etc. but thats all for down the track.. but definately Glad your happy and welcome to Miniriders mate
________
Herbal vaporizers

Last edited:
I have a YX 160 and think its a great engine, As Jordan said I would recommend a 26 OKO carby makes it even better.

Treat it good and you will be very happy with it.

I did give it a few hard sqirts around the track but not for long, trying not to rev it out while it runs in. It's so damn hard not to get stuck into it straight away.
I think you guys are right about the suspension. For the moment I'm just going to wind up the pre-load and get comfy with the bike, and if I start getting serious I'm sure it'll need an upgrade....but that's a while away yet.

Heeey,

I am thinking of buying a Atomik 160cc Nitrous Pit Bike,

Could anyone give me good reports on the bike on the motor and how it rides and any bad reports on the motor and such.

Hayden.

Your really just buying the motor and it comes with the bike.

.Motor is as good as how you treat it, fair sure they run a YX 160
.Frames alright
.Suspension's not very good but depends what your going to do with the bike
.Carby will get it running but a OKO 26mm flatside will get the most out of it
.Exhaust isnt very good but gets it running
.Handel bars will need to be replaced eventually
.Levers are weak

But for the price you can get them off Ebay I think they are great but you need to expect things will break but you end up putting better stuff on it, If you can afford more and after a more reliable bike Id spend more money.
Depends what you want it for.

Alot of bikes on the market run the same motors.

Last edited:
remember to change the oil straight away as the oil it comes with is crap. also after the first tank change it again.

Just a follow up...
Did the Oil change after half a tank of fuel. Glad I did...it was quite dark and full of fine shavings from the factory (the oil is crap - very watery).
Had a few rides now on a full MX track. The bike takes a jump and landing quite well and has all the power you would need. It will keep up with an XR250 no worries except when you hit close together woops, as there is not much suspension travel compared to the big bikes, they just power through.
All up I am really pleased with the bike.

my two boys have had atomiks 50cc up to now have a 150cc and a 250cc and as everyone said for the money you cant go wrong to keep these bikes going good you must keep the maintence up to them and change the oil and a quick check after every ride off all the nuts and bolts. good to see your happy with the bike thommo

?

How much tavel is there in the front suspension of the atomik nitrous? just an approximation will do. is it more than 1.5 centimetres?

Is that a serious question?

ikr if the travel of the front was only 1.5 then fml i can imagine how stiff it would be lmfao

and to the gsegfhskghksdjhk guy or what ever his name is

be realistic if you say 1.5cm your talking the stiffest forks ever

it's like saying the fish i caught was 3 miles long...

Its hard to answer some questions sometimes. Hard to tell a genuine question or one where some one is taking the piss.

How much tavel is there in the front suspension of the atomik nitrous? just an approximation will do. is it more than 1.5 centimetres?

Yea, I looked at the bike specifications and it says it ojnly has 15mm of travel!? Im hoping its just a typo as 15mm isnt much at all!

Latest posts

Back