Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roostyamates

Reaction score
I'm buying a 2011 all stock Atomik nitrous 160cc that hasnt done much riding

what are the first upgrades i should do?

thanks

quality chain, handlebar. The rest will just follow change when it breaks and stop working.

Give it some fresh oil while your at it, use wet clutch specific motorbike oil, non or semi synthetic. I use castrol power1, but thats around 60 bucks for 4 litres. Upgrading to a genuine ngk spark plug is a good idea to.

1) Suspension (At least the front)
2) 26mm OKO
3) Lightened stator
4) Bars
5) Sprokets and chain

In that order i reckon. The sprokets and chain i had on mine lasted for ages, it was checked and adjusted before each ride though. The Bars bend like butter, but i reckon the shocks would probably give out before the bars.

Okay thanks for your help guys, what forks and bars would you suggest upgrading to for a reasonable price ? I have seen a lot of people using pro taper bars I guess they are pretty good?

pro tapers or renthal for bars, ive got both and id recommend either, forks i like fastace i had a set of as03 and loved them they were around $400 from memory.

DNM or Fastace for forks. Bars? Iv'e always had ProTapers, but everyone likes different things. If you stick to a decent brand at least they wont bend like the stock ones.

okay thanks for the suggestions guys i will look into upgrading as soon as these ones need replacing! :)

Definately forks and shock first. Trust me. They are throwaway items.
Everything else can be replaced as it breaks.....
I still have my original chain and sprockets after a good 2 years of punishment!

okay thanks this is my first pit bike so don't really have anything to compare too shock and forks wise.
wow they lasted a while then!
i see you have a 1/4 turn throttle on yours, is this a worth while upgrade? what are the pros and cons?

Latest posts

Back