Atomik Nitrous Handlebar Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am trying to remove the stock handlebars, and because its been nearly 2 years since i got the bike, i cant remember what way to turn the hex screw to take the handle bars off, the bolt underneath has to be turned a certain way too, clockwise or anticlockwise, and btw the bolt and screw are kinda stuck in hard, so i dont wanna waste time playing with it figuring what way to turn it, does anyone know what way for the bolt and hex?

lefty loosey (anti clockwise) and tighty righty (clockwise)

to undo the bolt nut they both need to be turned the same way (anti clockwise)

so looking down from above the handlebars, hold the allen head bolt still with adecent brand allen key.
fit the spanner to the nut underneath, and turn the spanner on the bottom to the right

the bolt is on there pretty tight, the spanner is **** and cant grip it, and i have tried using a shifter, but it gets stuck while turning the bolt, and i think the bolt doesnt even turn, got any other ways of loosing it?

get some wd-40/cr70 lube **** and spray the absolute crap out of it! then leave it for 5mins and also are you using imp or a metric spanner, try a ring ended spanner aswell

alrighty thanks man, hahaha, if not, ill just get a breaker bar, and get the c**t off and replace all 4 bolts underneath. but i will try wd40 too

worse off, get a chisel (a crap one) and cut through the bolt.. the nut will be screwed but it will come off
for sure

you need to buy yourself a 8 point socket not these 16 point bolt destroyers

i think you mean a 6 point socket Zac, the other type is a 12 point

a 6 point socket, like this, has less chance of slipping

the 12 point sockets can slip and round nuts easier

Latest posts

Back