Atomik Pro X 250 Performance Comparison To Jap 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SYMTEC23

Reaction score
Did Some Research Quickly On The Internet And Found Some Random Stats On Jap Made 250cc From 82 Onwards To See Performance Comparisons
Atomic Claim The Pro X 250 Has 11.5kw At Approx 110kg Wet
Xl250 83' 8.5kw At Approx 126kg Wet
Xr250 02' 21.0kw At Approx 118kg Wet
Ttr250 00' 20.6kw At Approx 113kg Wet
Dr250 90' 21.6kw At Approx 118kg Dry
Klr250 85' 20.8kw At Approx 119kg Wet
Xt250 82' 20.1kw At Approx 113kg Dry

So Why Is It Down By 10 Kw Approx To Its Jap Tech Equivelant?
I Found Out One Interesting Diference Between The Chinese And Jap Stats That May Answer This. Bore And Stroke
Atomic Runs A Bore And Stroke Of 67.0 X 65.0mm And The Jap Stuff All Are Roughly Around 73.0 X 59.0mm.
The Attomic Should Rev Like Hell But With A Bore/stroke Pattern That Square,it Is Killing Its Ability To Produce Power Like The Jap And Euro Rivals. They Have Also Shed Weght To Compensate For This But The Cost Is A Smaller Fuel Capacity.

It Would Be Nteresting To See How They Would Go With A Stroker Kit And At Around 300 Cc.

Are any of those Jap engines water cooled if so will produce more power ,Known Fact!

water cooled

They are all air cooled exept for the ttr, I think thats watercooled but not sure

oh :eek:

buy a jap 250 any way.

or better yet a ktm :D

pit bikes are exactly that... pit bikes!

jap 250s will smash any chineese shit.

ktm... they cost more in parts than the bikes worth no joke, a mate with a ktm250sx 2000 model , 250 odd bucks for a kickstarter or something..

any bike costs more in parts than its worth ;)

all the nice bits you get standard on a KTM for only a little bit more make them great value. resale is a lot better too :) the proof is in the punch tho

i dont understand why people buy cheap knockoffs. (atomik,orion) u probly pay more in the end repairing em. some mates of mine brought an atomik for fun and the frame cracked in like less then 30 minutes of use.

KTM Better resale. Are u jokin. Normally you can't give them away.
The cheap knock off bikes are not goin to be anywhere near as good as the brand names. there is more to how fast a bike is than just the engine. What about suspension and egonomics and steering angles. I bet they dont put in the R&D time.

better range with the orange bikes too... sif not make a 2 stroke enduro bike any more! ;)

i dont understand why people buy cheap knockoffs. (atomik,orion) u probly pay more in the end repairing em. some mates of mine brought an atomik for fun and the frame cracked in like less then 30 minutes of use.

people buy cheap knock offs because $5000 mini bikes are a waste of money when you can buy a real bike for them dollars. also i might not do huge jumps on my atomik but it has held together well for the 3 months i have had it with just a few jetting issues. for a frame to crack in 30 minutes means a manufacturing fault or he is too fat for the lil bike and needs to buy an adult one

KTM Better resale. Are u jokin. Normally you can't give them away.
The cheap knock off bikes are not goin to be anywhere near as good as the brand names. there is more to how fast a bike is than just the engine. What about suspension and egonomics and steering angles. I bet they dont put in the R&D time.

i Agree. They have a 250cc motor, tho it is rather high up, stupid frame bad swingarm/back shock and the front forks don't look like they are that good quallity.. If your going to ride this like a 250f you will need the oil cooler because it will defienatly get hot..........

my .000000000000000000000001 cents

EDit, yes KTM heeps new and the re sale is the same as the yzs and the hondas, most people say ktms are heeps for parts and engine re builds are more expencive than a yz125 or rm125 ect also the need alot more maintence imo

you look at a KTM next to a suzuki or yamaha the difference in build quality is pretty obvious. chalk and cheese.

the extra bucks get you a lot too, i could of got a WR slightly cheaper but the ktm has renthal bars, brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch, braided lines, whitepower forks and shock, excel rims... all stock. weighs less too. power is probably about the same, tho KTM have been known for having the strongest 250 2 stroke for a while.

some parts can be a bit more expencive, but not always.

im calling BS on the maintenance thing too, the katoom's are built very well... the motors make great power across the range and last ages and ages.

i know of a 2003 ktm200 2 stroke that did 6000km (almost 200hrs) of pure bush bashing (every weekend for 3 years) on one set of piston rings. aint nothing wrong with that. know a 2002 ktm520 4 stroke that did over 20,000km before getting a rebuild (it was still strong tho) with lots of hard bush bashing every weekend for 4 years. nothing wrong with that either, considering how strong the motors are.

lately out in the bush im seeing more orange bikes than any other colour too... i guess they just have the best enduro bikes on the market :p

Latest posts

Back