Atomik Prox 140cc 2007

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick-Prox

Reaction score
Model: Atomik Prox 140cc oilcooled

Make: Atomik Same As Orion

Year: 2007

Engine: 140cc DUCAR oilcooled start in any gear
Fuel capacity: 3L
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual, 1N234 (1 Down, 3 Up)
Max speed: 100+
Weight: 90 / 76 KGS
Bike Size: 1805 x 750 x 1030 mm
Wheel Base: 1235 mm
Engine starting: Kick Start
Brakes: Disk
Seat Height: 810 mm
Frame: Twin Spar Frame
Forks: Adjustable Upside Down Forks
Chain: Heavy-Duty KMC Chain
Rim Sizes: 12" rear and 14" front

Who this bike is for: Someone who likes to ride fast and noes how to ride. i think a first timer will be better off with the 125cc
PRICE: $700-$900

My experiences with this Bike: i have never owned the prox 140cc but own the prox 125cc same bike just different motor. the prox are really good bikes good frames shocks and motors. i no the atomik macanic really well and he told me the the 140cc prox are really fast but in china they dont tighten the selector up and it comes lose and stuffs up the gearing and so forth. but as soon as you get the bike if you no what you are doing you can do it your self but atomik motosport fix it for you free of charge so no headaceh there. but they are really good and fast bike. i give this one 9 out of 10

Picture of the bike
29-140Black-thu.jpg

Ive got one of these and i love it. Dont know about the selector problem though. Only thing is i had to get it re jetted as it was way too lean and port match the inlet manifold as it was very badly matched. Bike handles extreemly well almost big bike like ,and now the jetting is right it goes about as hard as a yz 125. Clutch is pretty heavy but its no biggie. So much quicker than my prox 125 its not funny.

when i went to atomik they had 3 atomik prox 140s with no motors and the macanic i no said the sectors stuff up.

i saw one with no motor didnt no wat that was about till now

when i went to atomik they had 3 atomik prox 140s with no motors and the macanic i no said the sectors stuff up.

Once again with the "Mecanic" if he told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?

franky no i wood not.. but i asked him wats wrong wif them bikes cause they were 4 prox 140s with no motors and he said teh sector fuks up

so where these from as in where to buy them???
Ebay or the place its self????

cool might have alook... looking for a new bike...

For the money id say go for it. 850ish on ebay. My mates spent thousands on their bikes and they all have had some sort of trouble. I broke a clutch cable, thats it. Stoked! Should have bought 3 of them at the time for when theirs break down. Hope i havnt just jinxed myself.:rolleyes:

Is there a place in/around brisbane where i can check out some atomiks?
I want to check them out becauuse i dont want to fork over my money for something i wont enjoy

Last edited:
franky no i wood not.. but i asked him wats wrong wif them bikes cause they were 4 prox 140s with no motors and he said teh sector fuks up

Can any owner of a ProX 140 please describe for the rest of us:

The power of the brakes?
The type of adjustment available (rebound and compression) on the shock and forks?
Is the extra 11kg (76 compared with 65 for most pitbikes) all in the motor, or is the frame beefed up or what?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can any owner of a ProX 140 please describe for the rest of us:

The power of the brakes?
The type of adjustment available (rebound and compression) on the shock and forks?
Is the extra 11kg (76 compared with 65 for most pitbikes) all in the motor, or is the frame beefed up or what?

Thanks
I have the prox 200, 250 and 140 which i brought for my lad about a month or so ago, rear shock is a shocker no adjustment except preload, it really needs rebound adjustment as it kicks like a mule which would transform the bike which is its down fall, front forks are ok not a set of ohlins but good enough brakes are good he is 13 and the weight is no issue.

The brakes are good for a china bike never had any dramas with mine, but yes the back shocks that come stock with these are not great, that is the bikes only real let down.

The power is good im 80kg and its pushed me to 100km/h on dirt with out any problem.

let me fix this for you.

franky no i WOULD not.. but i asked him WHATS wrong WITH THOSE bikes cause THERE WAS 4 prox 140s with no motors and he said THE SELECTORS STUFF up

Last edited:
kaneo lol as hard as a 125 you wish lol. there no chance in hell it would even keep with a yz125. lol my god its a china bike your comparing it to a jap bike . China bike 850 brand new yz125 8g brand new you can nott compare the two them there completely different bike.:D

Yeah ok i suposse i was getting a bit excited there, but really they do go pretty dam good. Maybe yz 85 fast. This i do know as ive done laps right on the tail of one. Oh and the rear shock standard does have rebound adjustment. but the forks have no external adjustment. Their cheaper 125 pro x has compression and rebound and air though. Go Figure? The frame is the heavy part. My bike weighs 85 kgs. Damn heavy as far as minis go. Same size roughly as a klx 110 Kawasaki.

is the bike able to pick up the wheel without droping the clutch? Also compared to the atomik prox 125 or any other similar 125 is it a lot more powerfull or are they fairly similar?

I have the prox 200, 250 and 140 which i brought for my lad about a month or so ago, rear shock is a shocker no adjustment except preload, it really needs rebound adjustment as it kicks like a mule which would transform the bike which is its down fall, front forks are ok not a set of ohlins but good enough brakes are good he is 13 and the weight is no issue.

thanks for your feedback. If all it needs is a new good shock, then the prox140 sounds like a good value bike. I still wonder why it is rated/specd as being relatively heavy for a pitbike with small wheels.

i also have 1

paid 810 of feebay was an awsome buy

im 95 kg and it halls me round no worries
all it needs is a upgraded rear shock as im a fat ass

im gunna upgrade the cdi and the front forks also other than that oh the chain also

it's sweet as best bang for your buck if your a big fella as there a larger height

i love it

Latest posts

Back