Atomik Prox 250cc 2007

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick-Prox

Reaction score
Model: ProX 250cc

Make: Atomik Same as Orion

Year: 2007

Engine: 250cc Engine, 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, Single Cylinder
Fuel capacity: 3 Litre Unleaded
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual, 1 Down, 4 Up
Suspension System: Taiwan Made Adjustable Heavy-Duty Gas Shock
Max speed: 100+
Weight: 111 / 89 KGS
Bike Size: 188 x 80 x 130 cm
Wheel Base: 131 cm
Engine starting: Kick Start and Electric Start
Brakes: Disk
Seat Height: 84 cm
Frame: Twin Spar Frame
Forks: Adjustable Upside Down Forks
Chain: Heavy-Duty KMC Chain
Rim Sizes: 16" Rear Wheel and 19" Front Wheel

Who this bike is for: Someone who likes speed. good for a first timer and a person with a farm that would be great.

PRICE: $1200-$1500

My experiences with this Bike: i have never owned one but i no the macanic from ATOMIK MOTORSPORT really well and he has told me that these 150cc to 250cc bikes need to be rewired and the magneto seems to die on them. but atomik does the rewireing for you and fixes all the problems that you have with the bike. other then that this is a real fast bike.

Picture of the bike
untitled.jpg

Hey mate, I have had experience with this bike and for starters i can tell you theses bikes suck ass. The rims are under spoked in a attempt for a new flashy design and causes strength issues throughout both rims causing buckles easyer than ususal, The muffler setup is not very well thought through and without making the bike under go a series of high tensile bolts and locktight the bike will not last very long, but if you do a few moderfications such as changing bolts, general servicing, and most of all take very ( very ) good car of the bike you will have a alright bike, But, comparing it to the Pitpro 140cc it will not keep up, Goodluck.

And they are so heavy if you fall off it you will almost need help to get it back up! Forks sag one third under the bikes weight also. way too soft.

QUICK-PROX guess the mechanic forgot to tell you that hey?

ive ridden em. i had no problems doing nice wheelies and stoppies.

my mate bought one of these shi**y things, he melted the exhust, and almost blew up the engine in the first hr n a half or riden it, and his stand broke off when they where getting it out of the crate, not to mention the stupid lookin plastics. sorry but im not a import lover
peace

Idiot

my mate bought one of these shi**y things, he melted the exhust, and almost blew up the engine in the first hr n a half or riden it, and his stand broke off when they where getting it out of the crate, not to mention the stupid lookin plastics. sorry but im not a import lover
peace
hey idiot dont bag these bikes not very constructive m8 , how about some constructive comments loser and learn to spell to.. and another thing if these bikes are so bad why does the seller have so much good feedback on ebay??im so sik of ppl bagging the bikes made in china thats not what the forum was set up for SIDNEY U LITTLE FU%#@$&*D!!!!

Last edited:
Realistic Expectation

I have owned the 250 version of this bike for a few months now. It is not a KTM or even a Honda. It is a Chinese bike. It is heavy but reasonably powered. The front forks suck. Mine will not hold oil. I am working to find some after market seals that fit. I will post part if successful.
When you take it out of the create Lock-Tight everything. Change the oil. Wire the grips. Buy a 1996 Dodge Caravan air filter, cut it size and replace the crap it came with (mine sucked into the intake the first time I hit the throttle hard).
The most important thing to remember is it is not a KTM or even a Honda. You CAN NOT RIDE IT HARD. If you are looking for a trail bike and plan on keeping the wheels on the ground it might be the bike for you. If you plan on pulling the triple or doing big air off the ramp you built in your yard buy something else.
If you decide it is the bike you want I purchased from Jason @ orionpitbikesales. The bike came as advertised and on time. Parts have been slower. I need a new break pedal and have been waiting over a month.

Regards,

hey idiot dont bag these bikes not very constructive m8 , how about some constructive comments loser and learn to spell to.. and another thing if these bikes are so bad why does the seller have so much good feedback on ebay??im so sik of ppl bagging the bikes made in china thats not what the forum was set up for SIDNEY U LITTLE FU%#@$&*D!!!!

Lol, You too should learn to spell "Mate" :), Your bikes shit, people who buy bikes from atomik have a quick shot then post feedback your doochebag.

Franky, why do you constantly bullshit dude? One minute your backing up atomik saying they are a good bike for me to get, the next your saying they are crap.. Make up your mind

and also, they have lots of feedback because people post Positive feedback before the bike breaks down.

Last edited:
Ben, All china bikes are shit, Just some better than others, Never said all atomiks are shit ;) And you just repeated but used different wording with what i said in last post :)

Yeah I hate it how people think bikes are good just because they own one...

wat da eff lol interesting how evryone baggs out bikes when frankly ther bikes arnt top of the range ether atomiks ar qite good depending on wat u use it 4 and as of under spoked id say thats bullshit..if uv had issues with spokes go to a bike shop and compare ther spokes to the ones on the china bikes... china bikes spokes are like fence wire.... tis why i got mine respoked with thicker stronger ones and thay hav a garentee not to brake if thay do thay will b replaced

wat da eff lol interesting how evryone baggs out bikes when frankly ther bikes arnt top of the range ether atomiks ar qite good depending on wat u use it 4 and as of under spoked id say thats bullshit..if uv had issues with spokes go to a bike shop and compare ther spokes to the ones on the china bikes... china bikes spokes are like fence wire.... tis why i got mine respoked with thicker stronger ones and thay hav a garentee not to brake if thay do thay will b replaced

Jesus, You would have to be the worst writter known to man kind, You seriously need to stop doing photoshop pictures for people and instead get out a dictionary and learn how to spell some words correctly!

Woah, cmon now scribbles.. Fairs fair! :p

for about 2 grand you could get a second hand jap 125 2-T which would be lighter, faster and more reliable anyway...

very funny

very funny guys just chill man any1 would think you all have shares in these bike company,s lmfao! anyhoo i have an atomik proX 250cc and i love the thing havnt had a problem yet touch wood. peace out :p

Lol, You too should learn to spell "Mate" :), Your bikes shit, people who buy bikes from atomik have a quick shot then post feedback your doochebag.

sorry franky but i beg to differ
i have 2 of these bikes the newer version prox 40 and an old 125 almost a yrand a 1/2 old

now me and my son dont jump them hard nor do we wanna race any1
the sons bike cost me just over 600 bucks and it still fires up first kick
goes well and is heaps of fun

i must recomend as with anything you buy cheap
you get what you payfor
ie ;maintain your bike
yes and i do have a real bike
ie; honda CR 500 2 stoke

so in my opinion for money value there heaps good
if you wanna race em of fmx em geat the real deal

there a good cheap way for father and son to get into mx

oh and dont bag ppl about there choise as im sure every 1 here has good and bad points about whateva they ride if they talk the truth

yes even my ol honda has good and bad points

Latest posts

Back